cant decide raptor 700 or trx700 - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cant decide raptor 700 or trx700

Im wanting to get a 700 in june but cant decide which i like better ?.I think i like the raptor plactic better but the trx looks more comfortable .I plan on running 23x8x10 fronts and 22x11x8 for that raptor 22x11x10's for the trx700.I found a dealer not far selling new 08 models for 4,099$ and the 08 raptor 700 for 5,000$.basically it all comes down to looks. How does the trx700 look with 22" rear mudlites or similar tires and could i run 22" fronts ?.all i ride is dirt roads real long dirt roads and sometimes pavement(i like to be naughty)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegs0
i have a bone stock 700xx n i ride on the main roads sumtimes an its fun blasting by cars on the highway lol.. the tires... i dont no about them but you should find alot of help on here with any questions u have.. give it time u will get more answers
post #3 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:26 PM

we're kinda biased here ....700xx...just my choice

post #4 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 PM

Garage
ive been blessed to have both machines my dad has the raptor and i have the 700xx...and i must say they are both very good machines, for speed and power the 700xx blows the raptor out of the water and handleing and comfort i would say goes to the 700xx as well.we bought both new for a smoking deal at the same time $9300 otd both 08 so you really cant gripe about nothing....whatever one you end up with you will enjoy!
post #5 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

onlything with the raptor i could go ahead and buy the tires at the sime time as the 700 but with the trx i would have to wait awhile to get them trx700 having the 11" rims.I like the trx700xx but i can get that picture out my head of it with 12" rims all around .Yeah i hear the trx700 top end is like 85 mph .All i want to do with each of them is replace the the tires,handle bar.and take the heel guards off i like that look for some reason.
post #6 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
You can run 22" tires all round on the 700xx. If your only doing smooth riding then go for the Raptor. If you want to go for the rough rutted stuff and end up showing ya mates up and dragging them outta the good stuff , then go for the 700xx
Can't quite think why you would run 23" tyres for dirt roads or pavement.
Better going 20" tires.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

some dirt roads here are pretty thick with soft dirt .Also it rains alot here or when it does it really rains .I like the 23"&22" super grip light look like a mudlight but made from a harder compound rubber like the outlaw and they have .25" of deeper tread .I will try and go to a powersport store and check out each one .the raptor just looks like the seat would hurt your a$$ after a while
post #8 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbigbore View Post
onlything with the raptor i could go ahead and buy the tires at the sime time as the 700 but with the trx i would have to wait awhile to get them trx700 having the 11" rims.I like the trx700xx but i can get that picture out my head of it with 12" rims all around .Yeah i hear the trx700 top end is like 85 mph .All i want to do with each of them is replace the the tires,handle bar.and take the heel guards off i like that look for some reason.
ITP makes a 10" rim for the rear which gives you the option for alot of good tyres.
Sticking with 11" rears you have the option of Kenda Bearklaws , Maxxis Razrs / Razr 2s and a few UTV tires.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #9 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 08:59 PM

The I.R.S. on the xx makes it a no-brainer. Who really cares what the plastics look like when your riding and out performing all the others.

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

"KEEP EM' STOCK, KEEP EM' LONGER!!!
post #10 of 61 Old 02-28-2010, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have 23" in the front and 22" or 24" on the back and love it, there's barely any sensation of pushing with that combo. Love the IRS in the woods can basically ride anywhere due to it. As for the Raptor, don't know anything about it so I won't say anything towards but would imagine that it's also a good machine but like Kennyg stated, who cares about the plastic, you're buying the bike for comfort, handling, power and speed.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode