Best way to keep 700xx clean? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best way to keep 700xx clean?

I have only ridding my bike a handful of times since I got it because of the weather. So just a quick rinse down after each has kept it looking like new. Does anyone know of or use a preride product designed to keep these machines clean while your out riding? I was reading up on this product and it sounds pretty good, wasnt sure if anyone else had tried it or not: http://www.xtreamclean.com/index.php...d=36&Itemid=66

I tried other things in the past like tire shine spray and that worked OK but it made the dust stick to everything and got real sticky. Plus if you get any of that on your seat, it will take you for a ride haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have tried everything from Tire shine, WD-40, Plexus, Pledge, Mothers plastic wax, and so on and so forth. They work about the same. I have not tried the product you saw but if you get it let me know how it works.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #3 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

I am gonna order some and give it a try

post #4 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 AM

Cooking spray! It will help the mud slide off, I haven't tried it yet but I read somewhere this winter some GNCC racers use it. Spray it on before you ride.

08 TRX700XX
88 LT500R QUADZILLA
06 DVX400 (Son's)
06 TRX250EX (Wife's)
post #5 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I use either PAM or WD-40. It isn't really to keep them looking clean while you are out riding, but to help ease in cleaning them afterwards. Just don't do the seat so it doesn't get slippery. I usually take a rag with WD-40, spray it on the work it around with the rag. And I do everything as well, including the engine, which will cause smoke to come off when you start it up, but it helps afterwards with cleaning. Here is a thread on what people are doing to clean them after riding. https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2633

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 11:31 AM

Try using Pledge :http://www.pledge.ca/en/surfaces-wood.html

Built, reliable and hard trailriden!
post #7 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Used Pam as well. I wished I would have used it this past weekend.

Ugh.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #8 of 19 Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Used Pam as well. I wished I would have used it this past weekend.

Ugh.
LOL. I wish I used it for my last race 3 weeks ago. It had been frozen over for the 4 races prior to that one, and I got back from korea on saturday night, and it was about 30F sunday, and I had been thinking it was cold all week, well I was wrong, it was in the 40s. I showed up at the races with nothing to pre-coat it thinking I wouldn't even get it dirty. Boy was I wrong, especially after the dirtbikes ruined the course.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 19 Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah, I took my clothes to the laundromat and washed them in one of those washers with the windows. Yeah, it looked like I was washing my stuff in black coffee.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 19 Old 03-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Yeah, I took my clothes to the laundromat and washed them in one of those washers with the windows. Yeah, it looked like I was washing my stuff in black coffee.
When I get muddy, I have to go to the laundromat as well. My parents wont let me use there stuff, and I don't feel like dragging it the 3 hours to my place to wash it. So I will throw it in the OMAT, and take off back to CT or whatever. My parents will go down and get it. Well, twice so far they went and the mud clogged up something in it, so when they opened the door BROWN water came out, LMAO. I recently started taking them to the car wash to get all the excess mud out b4 putting them in a washer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode