Need gear...What do I buy? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need gear...What do I buy?

Hey guys, after upgrading for utility quads and other slow moving sport quads to the 700xx I want to be sure I got proper protection, just in case. I have a ton of gear for my street bike and track racing but never bought anything for MX/Off Road. Can someone kind of guide me in the right direction for what all you would recommend for a weekend trail rider? I wont be doing any racing, but wheelies and jumps arent out of the question.

Do any stores online carry packages for this stuff? I been lookin around and everything looks like seperate pieces.

The only gear I got right now is a helmet and a pair of Alpinestars Tech 2 boots, these arent as high as full MX boots, but maybe I need something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Check out rocky mountain atv or bike bandit online they have pretty good deals on all kinds of gear and some package deals.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

What do you guys recommend for chest/shoulder protection?

I found two by Fox that get good reviews, but wasnt sure since I have never bought any of this stuff before:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...5785&colorAttr=

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...FamilyId=25776

2008 Red/Black 700xx EHS Airbox Lid, EHS Tuner, Barkers Full Exhaust, AMR Diamond Plate Graphics Kit, ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs Powdercoated Black

post #4 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
ara

For some peace of mind, I would get a full body armor with the back protector that you can wear a jersey over like this or similar http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Bioni.../p/650558.html

Also, a full mx boot, and a neck brace if you dont mind the extra gear on the shoulders.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel700xx View Post
What do you guys recommend for chest/shoulder protection?

I found two by Fox that get good reviews, but wasnt sure since I have never bought any of this stuff before:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...5785&colorAttr=

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...FamilyId=25776

Diesel, I have the top roost protector, two of them actually. They are the comfiest I have ever had, and you can remove the arm straps pretty easily, so you can put it on over a jacket and everything if you want. I get almost all of my gear through rockymountain. I dont see why you would need higher boots of you aren't racing and stuff. As long as you got a pair that grip decently to your peg I would think you'd be fine. Other than that, a helmet, goggles, and gloves are all I can think of for an everyday rider. You can get the neck roll/cowboy/whatever people call it from where you are from (the neckbrace thing), if you want, but a lot of people don't use them unless they are racing. If im not racing I just wear jeans and usually a long sleeve shirt with the other stuff. But if you search on rockymountain, they give great deals here and there, and FOX has some awesome gear.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ara View Post
For some peace of mind, I would get a full body armor with the back protector that you can wear a jersey over like this or similar http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Bioni.../p/650558.html

Also, a full mx boot, and a neck brace if you dont mind the extra gear on the shoulders.
So the roost protectors arent as good as the body armor? sorry if that seems like a dumb question, i just have never had either

2008 Red/Black 700xx EHS Airbox Lid, EHS Tuner, Barkers Full Exhaust, AMR Diamond Plate Graphics Kit, ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs Powdercoated Black
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
So the roost protectors arent as good as the body armor? sorry if that seems like a dumb question, i just have never had either
IMO they do the same thing. You can get the roost protectors that have a full back to them, just as the body armor. The difference is one is more like wearing a shirt, and the other you put on over your clothes.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Cool. I dont know which to get. I was just gonna get a fox jersey to put over either of em, so i dont really care how they look.

post #9 of 10 Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 PM

I would wear them over your jersey. Especially the roost protecter, it is easier to clean than your jersey when it gets to heavy mud and you wont screw up a washer, like I have done once or twice.

post #10 of 10 Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM
ara

Quote:
I think roost protectors have a larger front area, but the full body armor provides better elbow, forearm, and back protector. I just feel better with more protection. Body armor also offers a kidney belt.

My background is auto racing, I have learned to appreciate protective gear and the more the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode