Has anyone noticed... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 03-17-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Has anyone noticed...

The government has been borrowing money from Social Security for some time now... to the tune of $2.5 trillion. They've given Social Security IOUs for the money in the form of US Treasury Bonds. For many years, Social Security took in more money than it paid out... However, now as the baby boomers retire, they pay out much more than they take in and they need that borrowed money back. Thing is that Treasury Bonds mature... become due, at a given time. For much of that borrowed money, that time is NOW... with interest.
The government knew when they borrowed the money that they'd have to pay it back with interest at a specific time. However, as far as I know, they have not made ANY plans to actually pay it back. I'm a baby boomer and where does that shit leave me?... No, screw that... I paid out into Social Security for all my life and that's MY money! I'm gonna want my fricking money and don't want to hear any crap about IOUs.

rant off.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you think I feel? I am 25 and I will still be paying SS all my life and I might not see a dime of it. You might be able to pull a little out before they screw you over

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i think to help the economy the gov't should make a quads road ligal in all states...more ppl would buy them and with ppl spending money that helps the economy.....my 2 cents.... and i wouldent have to buy a truck next year (cars are no good in the snow)

post #4 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 AM

road kill- this is were it leves you and me, on the trail , out of gas.out of oil. and four flats. im gona be 53 in may. this wole goverment is getting out of hand........

hate typing- love riding
post #5 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have heard rumors about the government actually talking about borrowing from personal and private 401k and IRA. They promise to pay a percent back to you but all I know is i am gonna stick all my money in the mattress and get it out of the banks.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #6 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
To tie this in with another thread... The money that's been spent on the war in Iraq so far could've been used to pay back Social Security in full.

Oh yeah, the President has just signed a "jobs" bill... a whole $17.5 billion!
I mean a big WTF!! This is after 2 stimulus packages that total $1.5 trillion... that didn't do shit except to line the pockets of the fat cats and bail out wall street and banks. Give the CEOs big bonuses for sinking their own ships. It didn't do a fucking thing to help the average person stay in their homes or feel even a little more secure. Part of these stimulus packages were to stabilize the economy and part of them were for projects at local levels that created jobs. Did this create ANY new jobs in your area? And now, the government expects us to believe that another $17.5 billion is going to be different and actually create jobs??

rant off
Sorry for my use of the "F" bomb in the post.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #7 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
The only way to create jobs is to get companies to stop outsourcing everything! But it starts from the top and our nut lacking president is a bad example...

"Reports are that the White House is all set to launch a counter-attack to try and fend off the rapidly mounting congressional criticism of the Government's proposals to outsource the American manned space missions to the country's private sector. The proposal to outsource many of NASA's current major manned explorations has managed to spark much criticism, opposition and controversy because of all the job losses that would happen as a result."

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #8 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Most of the "jobs" that were created were temporary for those few who actually got them. This government is a joke. I have talked to many people who have never seen the economy this bad and are generally scared for us younger people who will have to deal with the problems that are ahead of us. At least we know that SS isn't going to be there for us and to take the proper precautions to retire when we actually get there. I am ready to start riding to Canada if needed.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
post #9 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I hear there is 26000 miles of riding in Canada... if we all donate $5 a month we can buy a couple of thousand acres start our own 700xx community for us all to retire to right on the trails! lol

I did start planning ahead bought property down in North Carolina so I can get the heck out of over priced Jersey!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #10 of 17 Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM

I did the same and moved from NY to Ohio. What a difference 10 hrs will do. 5 bucks huh? I'm game.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode