Hatfield-McCoy next month! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
grin Hatfield-McCoy next month!

Now that we finally have a quad for every member of the family, we finalized out Hatfield trip. Going down 4/17 and coming back 4/24. We are staying in Gilbert and will spend at least the first few days on Rockhouse.

Anyone have any tips, recommendations, etc...? This is our first "quad-cation" so I'm looking for advice on anything and everything. ;) I'll be bringing a full set of tools, enough oil and filters to do multiple changes, air filters, spark plugs, battery charger...and anything else I can think of that we might need. Will alos bring LOTS of rain gear and we'll just hope we don't need it.

2008 TRX700xx
- EHS Airbox - UNI Filter - Barker Exhaust
- EHS EFI Controller
- RAZRs all around
2008 TRX250EX, Jet Kit, UNI Filter, Airbox mod
2008 TRX250EX, stock for now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 KingQuad 750!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
We loved staying in Gilbert! Whose property are you staying at? Rockhouse was a great trail except for the rain... it lived up to the name and it felt like you were going to slide off the mountain because of the rocks...we rode the road home instead since it was raining so hard. There are lots of ATV places in town if you forget something. Its awesome to be able to ride your quad everywhere with out any trouble and the people are very friendly. You and your family are going to have a blast! We are going down again in June with some people from this site so should be a great time! I would suggest to remember to have money with you on the trails since you can go into the towns at the trail heads. Also they make label trails as hard by skill but mostly mud from what we were told by the locals when we were there...seemed to be true but we plan on hitting harder trails this time. You can download the maps of each trail before you leave for the trip just check the board at each trail head before you start to see if any of that trail was closed. And don't forget a camera breath taking views on some of the trails!

Oh and we loved Wallys for breakfast!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!

Last edited by dagirl71; 03-29-2010 at 09:20 AM.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

I knew you'd be the first to reply! Thanks for the tips! We're staying at the Pete and Lillian Fox house: http://www.blankenshiprentals.com/pete__lillian_fox_house

I saw Wally's listed on the restaurant list! Just the name made us want to try it out...lol.

Another question…I have the Barker exhaust w/ quiet core on my XX. To me, it sounds loud as hell. I know it’s dB rating is supposed to be low enough but should I bring my stock exhaust along just in case? How are the “trail-police”?

2008 TRX700xx
- EHS EFI Controller
- RAZRs all around

2009 KingQuad 750!

post #4 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsky View Post
I knew you'd be the first to reply! Thanks for the tips! We're staying at the Pete and Lillian Fox house: http://www.blankenshiprentals.com/pete__lillian_fox_house

I saw Wally's listed on the restaurant list! Just the name made us want to try it out...lol.

Another question…I have the Barker exhaust w/ quiet core on my XX. To me, it sounds loud as hell. I know it’s dB rating is supposed to be low enough but should I bring my stock exhaust along just in case? How are the “trail-police”?
Your knew it eh!!!I didnt think I was that predictable... breakfast was a good meal we really didn't eat lunch but dinner lets just say I never wanted to see fried bologna again! lol We ended up going to the food store and cooking a few nights...

We didnt see not one person who checked the exhaust but it was Oct... there where some loud quads on the trails. Doesnt the Barker have something to make it quieter? I would think that would be much easier then changing exhausts..if not its not a bad idea to bring it just incase..

After hearing phuchnutz's I agree the throaty sound of the barker was louder than I expected!! What is the rating on it?

Thats looks like a nice place to stay!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #5 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Not predictable, just helpful!

I looked into the complete rules doc they have posted. Looks like I should be fine, but I'm gonna throw the stock exhaust in the car just for peace of mind:

5.4. No person shall operate any ATV or motorcycle after it has been determined that the vehicle emits noise in excess of 96dBA at 20 inches using the SAE J1287 (July 1998) test procedure until the vehicle's exhaust system has been repaired or modified and the vehicle has been retested to show compliance with the noise standard

2008 TRX700xx
- EHS EFI Controller
- RAZRs all around

2009 KingQuad 750!

post #6 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

I did read that we need to have "ATV insurance" to drive on the roads. I need to look into it. Do most car insurance companies provide that?

2008 TRX700xx
- EHS EFI Controller
- RAZRs all around

2009 KingQuad 750!

post #7 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM

mine didnt provide it I went thru progessive but my friend has state farm they covered his quads and CHEAP too...

Da Girl

post #8 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Some insurance companies like mine will let you just add them on to your home owners policy. It covered everything the same as a seperate policy would and it was 1/2 the price. I use Country Financial

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #9 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If this is one of your first time riding then I would go to Pinnacle Creek, their trails are much easier and wider than Rockhouse so if someone in your family haven't done that much trail riding, that would be the first place to ride then I would hit Rockhouse but like Dagirl stated; Rockhouse is very slippery when wet and is on the side of mountains so you would have to be careful. If it's dry then you will have fun.
As for the DB level, they check if it's 96 but since you are going there so early in the season, doubt that you'll be bother, now as for us going in June, they will be out there so we will need to watch for them.

If you have time; hit the Buffalo Mtn trail which is real nice then you can go into KY on the road from the Matewan wv trailhead.

Have as much fun as we did last year!

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #10 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Don't forget your Camelback with water/alcohol in it and some snacks.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode