Loading ramps for truck bed? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Loading ramps for truck bed?

I have a small trailer that I use sometimes to tow my 4 wheeler on behind my truck, but since my driveway is so tight, I usually dont like to take it out because its a pain to back in to the driveway at the end of the day. I bought a set of steel ramps from the dealer, they are very strong and work OK. However, since my F250 is lifted, they are a little scary to go up sometimes. Plus my quad is about 4 inches wider than the ramps. I been looking online at some aluminum ramps.

What are you guys using to load your quad in the bed of your pickup? This thing is just too heavy to lift, especially by yourself. I used to be able to lift the front wheels of my 450R into the bed and push the back up, but the 700 is just too heavy.

2008 Red/Black 700xx EHS Airbox Lid, EHS Tuner, Barkers Full Exhaust, AMR Diamond Plate Graphics Kit, ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs Powdercoated Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I use a winch to load my 700xx.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #3 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
I use a winch to load my 700xx.
Do you sit to pee as well?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 11:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ChadH67
Loading mine is the only part I hate, I tried to find a elevation change or a ditch and still use my ramps. I popped the clutch loading mine the other day and almost landed in the cab of my 45k$ truck I turned green on that one been using the ditch ever since
post #5 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah I also put an extra set of wheels between the bed and the quad as a buffer in case I wildcat it up.

The Tacoma is a little easier.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

I really like these extra wide and extra long ramps, but almost $400 after shipping seems like a lot

http://www.discountramps.com/extra-wide-atv-ramps.htm

2008 Red/Black 700xx EHS Airbox Lid, EHS Tuner, Barkers Full Exhaust, AMR Diamond Plate Graphics Kit, ProArmor Fat Peg Nerfs Powdercoated Black
post #7 of 26 Old 04-05-2010, 11:57 PM

I need to start doing that, I didn't think about placing a spare tire or something back there. My wife was watchin when I about landed in the back seat I came down no more than 3 or 4" from going into the cab of the truck
post #8 of 26 Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 AM

Do you have an angled driveway? If so, back your truck like 1/4 of the way up the drive and load it that way. I'd suggest getting a pair of wider and longer ramps, too. I can ride my bike into my dad's lifted on 6 foots ramps F350 without problems.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

post #9 of 26 Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 AM

I have a very steep driveway, That is what I have been doing, that or backing down into the ditch it just makes it so much safer and easier
post #10 of 26 Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I do a few different things. When I am using a farm truck (a ranger or s10 usually around home), I just wheelie into the back of it and pick the rear up and pop a nut while doing it. When I have my truck, I use a set of trifold stands that the two outside rungs are covered with a carpet material that I put on there for my snowmobiles to go up so the skis wouldn't hit. But I am lifting my truck soon, so I am going to what I did w/ my old truck. Get two hard wood planks (2x12's) prolly 10 footers, cut them in half, and then use a couple of hinges w/ dome bolts (don't know the exact name but they kind have a mushroom head on one side) that way I can have them go all the way thru, and then just take a strong rod (rebar-whatever is strong and handy), and use a 2-3 foot piece of that on the bottom side for support, so the hinges will be on top. Worked b4 like a champ, and this time I should have a bit better handle on what i'm doing. I also have a tool box in the back of the truck so I don't mess up my cab or back window. And I am doing extra long ramps this time so that I can load my bikes up easier with out the undercarriage hitting b/c of the angle.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode