How hot? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-20-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
sparky277480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
How hot does an after market header get? I put one on and it got very hot to the point where it started to burn my pants. Just wondering if it normal and I need to adjust my riding. I know I can always put my heat shields on but I would hate to cover up the pipe.

Last edited by sparky277480; 09-20-2018 at 05:44 PM.
sparky277480 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I could not deal with all of the heat from the head pipe so I used header wrap.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 05:41 AM
Senior Member
 
/CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ITALY
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky277480 View Post
How hot does an after market header get? I put one on and it got very hot to the point where it started to burn my pants. Just wondering if it normal and I need to adjust my riding. I know I can always put my heat shields on but I would hate to cover up the pipe.
which oil do you use ?
/CUDA is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
sparky277480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I use the honda brand oil 10-30.
sparky277480 is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
sparky277480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So footy urs ran real hot before u wrapped it too. So it's normal to be hot? Did u adjust ur programming at all? I read in here that if it's hot it running lean and to fix it is to adjust the programming for the air fuel mix.

Last edited by sparky277480; 09-21-2018 at 08:33 AM.
sparky277480 is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Footy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Mine has the stock head pipe with an FMF muffler. I have attempted to tune it with a programmer. I think it is as good as I will be able to get it. I have considered taking it to ehs but he requires you to buy his programmer.

2017 Honda TRX500 Rubicon
2013 Husaberg FE350
2008 Honda TRX700XX
1995 Honda TRX 300EX
2001 Honda TRX 90
1986 Honda TRX 70
1985 ATC 250 SX
Footy is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
/CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ITALY
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky277480 View Post
I use the honda brand oil 10-30.
I run with standard pipe,
initially, when buyed this super atv
the heat was really high,
the leg, always red,
then I removed all the pieces that I considered not fundamental,
quad lost 25 pounds
I increased the air in the filter,
and changed oil with a 10w30 Castrol power, not racing,
but the normal (blend)
However, the heat has decreased a lot,
I no longer feel this annoyance,
I do not know if it's suggestion,
but, I do not think so.

10w30, I think it's not the best,
better 10w40, I will change soon,
10w40 does not lose pressure like 10w30,
when the engine is very hot,
but this is another story.
/CUDA is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
sparky277480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by /CUDA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky277480 View Post
I use the honda brand oil 10-30.
I run with standard pipe,
initially, when buyed this super atv
the heat was really high,
the leg, always red,
then I removed all the pieces that I considered not fundamental,
quad lost 25 pounds
I increased the air in the filter,
and changed oil with a 10w30 Castrol power, not racing,
but the normal (blend)
However, the heat has decreased a lot,
I no longer feel this annoyance,
I do not know if it's suggestion,
but, I do not think so.

10w30, I think it's not the best,
better 10w40, I will change soon,
10w40 does not lose pressure like 10w30,
when the engine is very hot,
but this is another story.


I would have to try the 10-40 to see if that works on my next oil change.
sparky277480 is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
sparky277480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy View Post
Mine has the stock head pipe with an FMF muffler. I have attempted to tune it with a programmer. I think it is as good as I will be able to get it. I have considered taking it to ehs but he requires you to buy his programmer.

I now have the fmf exhaust and header with the programmer by fmf. Uni filter with pre filter lid is off. I might have to wrap my pipe. If it normally runs hot.
sparky277480 is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 09-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have same set up on my bike, but have a spectra open air filter with no air box. My header gets very hot too. Did you ever do the exhaust wrap? Did it help at all? I’ve also noticed mine like to die if running or revving to higher rpms, then letting off of throttle. Have u seen this problem at all on yours? What programming are you running on yours?
Ray Moore is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome