Cant Make Up My Mind - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cant Make Up My Mind

ok i know this is a frum for the honda 700xx but just try to be honest heere. i cant decide what i want for a new quad i just sold my 400ex and dont know if i want to buy kawasaki kfx 450 raptor 700 or the 700xx can anyone tell me anything to help i dunno ha ive been researching all of them for a long while know and just cant decide on what to do thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Whats you budget? What type of riding will you be doing? What questions do you have for us to help narrow this down?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-25-2010, 05:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
It depends on the riding you do. That is about it. If it isn't racing (MX), then I'd go with the big bore. Simple as that. Some things to think about tho, why get a Raptor when the 450s are faster (not knocking the raptors for you raptor guys there), however the 450 will require more maintenance (valves and oil more periodically). As far as dependability, they all are great from what I understand (I can't quite quote anything but Honda but havent seen any severe issues with the others). And lastly, what Smo0oth said, what is your budget? You can get a leftover Honda or Yami for 50-70% of MSRP, whereas I think that would be difficult to do w/ the Kawi. And the money you save can go into buying XTRAS. The honda is a lot more comfy then the other two IMO, but I like the raptors aggressiveness as well.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 6 Old 04-25-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

well i have $4000 thats all i want to spend. i do a little bit of everything thing when i ride but try to stay out the mud really would rather be jumpin around or climbing insane hills rather then muddin. but i live in joliet il and iam really having a really hard time finding a 700xx out here. i might find one outta state but then i have to ship it and how do you know if you can trust the person if there machine isnt all beat up or whatever. also i did not know the 450 will beat a raptor? how does the 450 compare to the 700xx in a race???
post #5 of 6 Old 04-25-2010, 08:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Well, it all depends on the setup. But stock for stock, they are all pretty close. But you have to consider power to weight ratio. The groung clearance on the XX is awesome for rocky hill climbs. OTD, both big bores are relatively close, just read dirtwheels and they will tell you that, neck and neck in the drags. It all depends on your upgrades. How big are the jumps you hit? IMO if they are big, then go w/ a straight axle, otherwise you'd have to buy shocks for the XX, cuz the fronts arent that impressive. And if you can finance a XX, you can get them around 4500 OTD depending where you go.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM

All those are true. Where do you ride? I live in Illinois as well (McHenry). If you go to the cliffs in marsallies then I would definately go with the XX as ground clearance is a must. Check the local craigslist if you are going with a Raptor 700. My buddy just got a '06 Raptor 700r from a guy in WI for $3100. I think there is a guy close to you selling a Polaris Pred 500 IRS for a great price as well. The XX you can get in our area for $4800 OTD brand spanking new.

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode