450r vs 700xx - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
450r vs 700xx

Any input anyone I have the xx and my friend is interested in a 450 he wants a straight axel bike he is not interested in the xx (clearly he is dumb)

What does it take to make a 450r faster than an xx?

2008 black/gray xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Silverado 2500hd 6 inch Fabtech suspension lift

"God is great, Beer is good, people are crazy" Billy Currington
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 AM

Nothing . When he gets his 450r he is gonna blow you away . lol

08 700xx The FASTEST X INFINITY gray/black
08 800 Polaris rzr heavy modded $$$
PLZS SAVE THE WORLD BRING BACK 2 STROKES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAINSAW372 View Post
Nothing . When he gets his 450r he is gonna blow you away . lol
I dont believe that is true. On a track you will get destroyed but a drag race I think the XX wins and if it is a drag race that has a few ruts in the way then its not even close. I used to have a YFZ 450 and thought when I switched to the XX I was giving up some speed for comfort and clearance but I was wrong. I feel that the XX pulls harder than the 450 ever did. IMO

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #4 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
I dont believe that is true. On a track you will get destroyed but a drag race I think the XX wins and if it is a drag race that has a few ruts in the way then its not even close. I used to have a YFZ 450 and thought when I switched to the XX I was giving up some speed for comfort and clearance but I was wrong. I feel that the XX pulls harder than the 450 ever did. IMO
Lol it was a joke.
I agree with you but I'm not to sure that the xx wouldnt hang with a 450 even on the track with a good xx rider. I too had a yfz450 and I know for a fact that the xx has more pull all the way to topend. When my yfz was stock to me it seemed like a turd now the xx is different it has torque. You can have all the HP in the world but you need torque to go with it.
My yfz was stolen and I miss it because I had alotta money in it.

post #5 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 03:03 AM

I meant the XX would get destroyed on a track against the 450. Its good you were joking, I thought you were serious lol

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #6 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash21 View Post
I meant the XX would get destroyed on a track against the 450. Its good you were joking, I thought you were serious lol
Lol I understood what you said. I'm sayin I think that an xx with a good rider would probby hang right with the 450's on a track. I could be wrong but all I no is that I can sling my xx around just as easy as I could my yfz . The IRS doesnt bother me one bit I just ride it like a dirtbike and I dont really see all the pushing the frontend does that everyone gripes about . I love my xx

post #7 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I have both a 450R and the XX. Granted, both of my 450Rs are built up pretty well, and the XX not so much, but IMO, he wont have to do much stock to stock for drag racing. The 450s are very fast machines as they are, about 38hP stock, and they are lighter and nimbler. I race the 450s on MX, and the XX in scrambles. I tried a 450 in a scramble, but seeing that it is not my main thing that I like to do, I use the XX for sheer comfort. Both of my 450s how they are set up blow away the xx up to about 60ish (I let my cousin drag me, and we swap back and forth machines, to make sure it is just not the driver), but after 60 my 450s are about topped out, 65 at the most, and the XX keeps going. I don't have a pro strip or anything, just fields, but with the weight of the XX it def hooks up better (plus I have RZR2s on the rear versus mx tires on the Rs which don't hook up well in grass). This is just my experience, I have no idea what they will do stock to stock, but all of mine have aftermarket stuff, and this is what Im basing this on. Also, the others are right about the pull, and the fact that is fuel injected is a huge bonus, pretty much 0 throttle response time, haha.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
When I had only the big3, It was close races with my neighbors 450r equipped with an hrc kit. I would take him everytime, Long stretches I would really burn em.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 10:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Did you try to race your neigbor when you were stock? Just curious as I waited till I had the big three and 13t before I did anything.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #10 of 18 Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
No, I had the big3 on it pretty quick.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode