Arizona's new law - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arizona's new law

What do you guys think about arizonas new immigration law?

2008 Honda TRX700xx
FMF powercore 4 slip-on removed spark arrestor-
Custom made front bumper-
UNI air filter -
Custom made seat cover-
Scott pro comp II grips-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 05:04 PM

think it's BS!!!
post #3 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 07:32 PM

I think its right on. This country is being invaded by illegals and we need to make a stand somewhere. If you want to work here and live here become a citizen of the US and do it right. I don't get why its a big deal. Ohbama is crying about it because he is going to lose a few votes. He don't care about this country anyway. He was preached to by an anti-American preacher for a long time. If he didn't agree with what was being preached he should have left that place long before running for POTUS.

post #4 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 PM

typical... see the problem with this is that it based off of discrimination and racism... I agree with the whole illegal thing, however, many/only Mexican nationals are being targeted for this. It always comes back to us Mexicans... What I don't understand is, there are MANY other nationalities here illegaly, yet we get targeted. It's bullshit... I am a US Citizen, and yet I get pulled over for no damn reason... First thing that happens is I get asked for my papers... WTF???? So I'm Mexican, I'm automatically an illegal?????
post #5 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 08:43 PM

I lean to the side of thinking this is poorly thought of shot from the hip reaction. The problems I see with it are:
1. Closing out the Mexican immigrants is all this really does. What exact criteria will be used for the "show me your proof of citizenship."
2. Why do we offer almost open refuge to immigrants from certain African nations (see Somalia) and other eastern European (think former Soviet)
3. The situation in Mexico is dire for many of these people, isn't this why America was founded? Ever read the inscription on the Statue of Liberty, it is what inspires to keep serving this great nation.

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,"
post #6 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 08:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Robotaz
In most states you need to prove that you are a citizen to get a driver's license. If you're pulled over with no license they can arrest you now. Unfortunately, the situation in the USA is dire also. If anyone thinks this law is BS then they need to get FDR's law from the 1940's repealed that says if you're illegal that you're also a criminal.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
2008 Yamaha Wolverine 350
post #7 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Good feedback, in my opinion i believe that the police should not have so much power because sooner or later they will abuse it, many people are saying they are sick of the crimes, gangs and violence, but immigrants arent the only ones doing these things. in the whole USA weather being a citizen, resident, or immigrant, theres crime being commited by everyone. i dont know why they only target immigrants for all the problems being faced in the USA

2008 Honda TRX700xx
FMF powercore 4 slip-on removed spark arrestor-
Custom made front bumper-
UNI air filter -
Custom made seat cover-
Scott pro comp II grips-

post #8 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM

i agree.. which is where most of my frustrations come from... when someone thinks of an illegal immigrant, what pops to your head? Mexican, Latino, Hispanic, whatever you want to call it... right or wrong??? you know it's true... but there's much more to it than people of this descent....
post #9 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 PM

I agree with your thinking ceballos but the problem is mostly coming from the southern border. I don't recall seeing any Canadians coming in from that way. How else are you going to combat the issue? The Cubans and Hatians are easy to pick out too. AZ has mostly Mexicans coming across the boarder and that is what they have to target. There has always been racial profiling in this country and it has not only been against Hispanics and blacks. How else can you screen for the problem that you are addressing? From what I saw when I was in AZ a couple of months ago jobs are pretty scarce. I think taking care of the illegal immigrant issue is just a start to what needs to be done.

The people that are hiring these illegals also should be dealt with. They are just as much to blame for this problem. Without jobs and easy money from the Gov they would quit coming here. One of my best friends in school was a son of a Mexican immigrant that received his citizenship when he was 20 years old. His family came here looking to find a better life just as my ancestors did. The only diff is that they did it the right way and didn't just sneak across the border and try to work here for pennies on a dollar and take away jobs of citizens that were born and raised here. Then there is the drug problem coming across the borders down that way.I'm not saying that Mexico is the only problem but like I said before it is a start to do the right thing.
post #10 of 64 Old 05-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Robotaz
I don't understand what about this law has led people en masse to believe randomly that people are going to be profiled by racists. I can't think of why this has happened. This law is not saying that you can go down the street and pick people out and demand their papers. It's saying that if you cannot do things like produce a license when you are pulled over for breaking a traffic law, or produce valid AZ ID when your residence is searched because a cop says he smelled pot, or any other situation where a normal American would have to produce ID and be in deep shit if they don't have it, then you're in trouble, as you should be. That's like saying that anyone who is interrogated in the USA by a cop of a different race is suddenly the victim of racism. This is utter nonsense people. Get over it because this is going to sweep across the US as the illegals scramble to find cover. If they would just come here legally so that they can be documented and pay taxes, like me, then I have no problem what they look like, the color of their skin, what they speak, etc. I am not a racist for believing that we should ALL have to follow the laws of our country. Don't like it? Leave.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
2008 Yamaha Wolverine 350

Last edited by Robotaz; 05-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode