Fisher's ATV Show - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fisher's ATV Show

Does anyone watch this show. I think it is just terrible. I wish there was an ATV show that just showed bad a$$ quads just ripping it instead of this Fisher guy and his family. It's like come on if we wanted to watch a show about your family and friends we would watch the E! channel.

Live to Ride Ride to Live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There are a few others out there like Destination Polaris, dirt trax which are shown on Outdoor Channel.

Fisher is boring but did get some good riding areas from them. That's how I heard about Hatfield McCoy, Burning Rocks and Jackman so there is some good that comes from watching them.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM

i agree

post #4 of 14 Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash04 View Post
There are a few others out there like Destination Polaris, dirt trax which are shown on Outdoor Channel.

Fisher is boring but did get some good riding areas from them. That's how I heard about Hatfield McCoy, Burning Rocks and Jackman so there is some good that comes from watching them.
Yeah I to discovered a good riding spot on there but was miserable sitting through the rest of the show. I have not seen dirt trax on in a while is it not aired on the motorsports mondays anymore? and as for destination polaris I get sick of listening to them talk bad about every other non polaris out there.

post #5 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yama450yfz View Post
Yeah I to discovered a good riding spot on there but was miserable sitting through the rest of the show. I have not seen dirt trax on in a while is it not aired on the motorsports mondays anymore? and as for destination polaris I get sick of listening to them talk bad about every other non polaris out there.

I've always hated his show. It's nothing more than a infomercial for his sponsors. Even the riding areas he rides in are paying him to ride there. Even that would not be so bad IF he actually showed more of the actual riding. Instead he shows a brief little riding and the rest is a commercial about the area... showing him eating breakfast or the cabins they have... or whatever.
The problem is that everyone sponsors him and has to have ad time on his show, which makes it one endless commercial.

As for Destination Polaris... Yes, they are sponsored by Polaris and do show Polaris products... BUT, they also show more actual riding and their riding is much more varied... They go everyplace and show areas all over the U.S.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #6 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 AM

I'm 99% sure that neither Bell County, KY nor Harlan, KY (this episode has not aired yet) paid him anything to ride there. All the people I talked with that met or rode with him said he was really down to earth and fun to ride with....even though they didn't get to cover much ground.

I'm not going to say it's a great awesome show, but I'm not going to bash the guy for spinning a positive light on ATVing when there are SO many others doing the exact opposite. Cut the guy some slack.....I know I'd trade jobs with him in a heartbeat.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_guy View Post
I'm 99% sure that neither Bell County, KY nor Harlan, KY (this episode has not aired yet) paid him anything to ride there. All the people I talked with that met or rode with him said he was really down to earth and fun to ride with....even though they didn't get to cover much ground.

I'm not going to say it's a great awesome show, but I'm not going to bash the guy for spinning a positive light on ATVing when there are SO many others doing the exact opposite. Cut the guy some slack.....I know I'd trade jobs with him in a heartbeat.
Don't you see that's why we all hate him he's putting good people like us out of work every day.

post #8 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC_guy View Post

I'm not talking about the guy... just the show itself and how it airs and what his show actually consists of when it airs. Yes, he does put a positive spin on ATVing and I too would trade jobs with him. What I've noticed is that places he rides and shows on the air are also listed in the credits. I guess we'll have to see the episode(s) you mention to actually see if there is a sponsorship connection with the riding area or an ATV resort at the area.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #9 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 PM

Racer tv on Versus is all about the GNCC. 98% racing and a few tech spots, it's pretty good.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I'm not talking about the guy... just the show itself and how it airs and what his show actually consists of when it airs. Yes, he does put a positive spin on ATVing and I too would trade jobs with him. What I've noticed is that places he rides and shows on the air are also listed in the credits. I guess we'll have to see the episode(s) you mention to actually see if there is a sponsorship connection with the riding area or an ATV resort at the area.

roadkill
What I posted was in reference to the filming of Fisher's ATV World. I have no idea about Fisher and his personal life. I guess I should've said cut the show some slack. You did use a lot of he, his and hims in your post though.

I did hear that when he came to eastern KY that he was going to do a show on Bell County and Harlan County all in one show, but when he got there and rode both parks, he decided to do a show on each park. There was no, "how we gonna split this Fisher's bill up" chatter among the parks. Just because a "thanks to [insert ride park here]" is in the credits doesn't mean they paid for him to come down and ride. A free cabin, permits and parking maybe? Sure. But I doubt these places are ponying up big bucks to get on a show that's on a network that isn't even carried by a lot of cable carriers.

With that said, I agree the show could be better but it is what it is. I don't like DirtTrax TV or Destination Polaris any better.

Last edited by CNC_guy; 05-27-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode