Tried top speed run - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tried top speed run

Took my bike out for a top speed run today. My bike is dead stock, I come in at 6' and 265 lbs. I wasn't trying to duck wind or anything going very slightly uphill(might as well call it flat). I new it would be good when first took me almost to 30, as I shifted into 5th I was passing 50(not all the way in it). Next time I checked gps it was clicking off 74-75-76, last time I looked before letting off I hit 80. That's damn fast on a stock atv. As per the safety guys, it wasn't the brightest thing to do but I did have on my helmet. Wonder how close the gps speed is. What's the fastest claimed speed on the XX?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 10:26 PM

thats good to hear i havent done a run thru with mine yet but i going to very soon i would like to know myself

Bone Stock
Stock Exhaust
Stock Heads
Stock Bottom End
Stock Tires
Stock Shocks
Improve Your Riding Skills Not the Bike
post #3 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 10:48 PM

thats cool my bike is stock also and i went threw a speed trap thing that tells u the mph and the below your mph and it said 65 in 4th

post #4 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 11:06 PM

My GPS is dead nuts with our new Acadia speedo. Stock with the 14T I got 82.7, Barker/EHS big three and 13T, I got 81.5. That was wfo for a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #5 of 13 Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 PM

if you have a good quality gps they are extremely accurate I use one in my truck instead of the speedmeter.
post #6 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 12:32 PM

I just did this myself the other day and hit 78mph and ran out of road. I was still climbing too. Had just a little left in it. I put the vid on you tube.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
....What's the fastest claimed speed on the XX?
907.6 MPH but then this guy's in the loony bin because he didn't even know what a quad was... j/k

I think you'd hit the rev limiter at 87.5 but then, you wouldn't get to the rev limiter on a stock 700. Doubt you'd even get there with the big 3. So to hit 80 on a stock 700... I'd consider that quite good if your GPS is accurate.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #8 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
907.6 MPH but then this guy's in the loony bin because he didn't even know what a quad was... j/k

I think you'd hit the rev limiter at 87.5 but then, you wouldn't get to the rev limiter on a stock 700. Doubt you'd even get there with the big 3. So to hit 80 on a stock 700... I'd consider that quite good if your GPS is accurate.

roadkill
When mine was 100% stock 14T sprocket I hit 66 mph on a half mile or more straight run throttle pinned.

With a uni, free flowing air cleaner lid, PC5, 13T and a Yoshi slip on I have hit 72 mph on a half mile or more pinned throttle run. I am not on the rev limiter, just runs out of torque.

Just for reference I weigh 215 and my GPS is accurate I have checked it against 2 other units, all read the same.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

post #9 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 PM

bone stock down pavement i hit 80mph running beside my buddies 07 pontiac g5, did the same run in my ol 94 chevy pickup and the speedo ran 75 but she's got a set of 33's on her with no speedo changed so i expected the speed to go up a little with his car and it did, 80 is fast for stock
post #10 of 13 Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post

roadkill
Correct, I was never able to hit the limiter with the Big3, I have hit it since my build though. In all honesty 87 is overkill for ANY kind of trail riding. I live in the city and the entire block across the street from me is smooth open field. When I race from one end I have to lock up front and rear at 3/4 field and only stop sliding when I hit the road. I'm usually only at the bottom of 5th when doing this. I've got to really stay on top of not blasting down trails, I'd love to get a chance for some desert racing.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode