Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Sad to see...

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  droby1242 
#1 ·
This last weekend, I went riding with some friends and some others that I'd not ridden with for quite a time. One of the people that I'd not seen for a while had a Raptor. We spent quite a bit of time trying to get his quad to run decently. He'd abused it so much that it ran like crap... when he could start it. We had to blow out his jets and clear his breather tube and it still ran shitty. It seems that he'd also been running without an air filter for some time and all the crap that got sucked up into his motor left it without much in the way of compression. I took my tow strap with me when he rode with us because we didn't know if he'd make it or not. His 9yo son had to tow him back to camp because it stalled and wouldn't start. That's what got us working on his quad in the first place. It's just sad to see someone treat their quad that way. He wasn't running with an air filter because something broke... filter cage or clamp or something... I didn't look to see. So instead of repairing the air filer stuff, he now needs to rebuilt his motor. :confused:

roadkill

#3 ·
I dont know how anyone could do that... if he likes wasting money I have some mods I want he can pay for :)

#4 ·
my filter fell off my recon once it flowed so much better that it ran so lean that it stalled.

#9 ·
I got news for ya..its got nothing to do with what brand of bike you own, its called taking care of what you have, which is why I am anal with maintanence, oil change and so on, I plan on having this bike for quite some time.

#12 ·
It really has nothing to do with what brand of quad you ride. You gotta take care of it and it will take care of you. It's sad to see someone treat ANY quad like he treated his. But, it gets worse... all the quads in his group were just about in the same condition. His group consisted of his little family... brother, wife, kids, cousins, kids of brother, kids of cousins... I stopped counting the kids at 12. 6 quads over 450cc and 2 smaller quads. And all of them beat to hell.
I don't know if I'm wrong, but I choose to ride with just my regular riding buddy rather than any of them because I knew that he could ride fast and would not have a break down in the middle of a ride. BTW - Pics from that ride are in "Stonyford OHV (ride review)" in the "Recreational Riding Info" section.

roadkill

#13 ·
That kind of situation sucks for everybody because the group had to work on his quad so no one had fun while that happned. His son didn't get to have fun. In my opnion why even go if you're going out there with a some POS that you ran into the ground. That's a good way to never get asked to go riding again if you ask me.

#14 ·
Well I kind of agree. There have been a couple of bikes that I have owned that weren't in the best condition but they were like that before I bought them. I had a KX that would break down almost every time I rode it. Something with the Stator. I used to buy them by the pair. But, this xx is the first new bike I have ever owned so I am going to take care of it just like anything else that I own. So, all I am saying is that maybe they could not afford a new bike and had to buy a beat up rat. Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.