Honda 700xx....deserving of the criticism? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
RNL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honda 700xx....deserving of the criticism?

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I'd like to first say I don't own a 700xx. However, I am very interested in purchasing one very soon. Actually, its down to 3 quads, the Outlaw 525, Raptor 700, and 700xx. I am wanting to get back into sport quad riding very badly. The Raptor 700 was my first choice, but doing a little research I have really become quite enamored with IRS.

My question is to you 700xx owners, and I'm looking for honest unbiased answers. Would you buy this machine again if you could do it all over again? The 700xx has been quite beaten up from the ATV press. The weight and handling really seem to be an issue, and most say its weak for a 700 and gets its wheels blown off by the Raptor. I'm just looking to get a good honest breakdown so when I go to make my decision I get the right quad. Thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 02:51 PM

a lot of those articles are from when the XX first was introduced... Just look at how it dominates in Baja... I would ABSOLUTELY by it again
post #3 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Read this thread.
> https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthre...ghlight=outlaw

I have an Outlaw 525 IRS and a 700XX. I would not buy another Outlaw based on poor quality. If you want an Outlaw mine is for sale.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 02:55 PM

IMO. I believe that if you are going to be a trail rider looking to go out and ride for a long time. Then this might be the quad for you. It is not a mx quad nor is it a drag quad. I would put this quad in its own category cause it's not very good at tight woods trails either. The xx has one baja and score overall for the atvs. So I would say it is set up for long rides and going fast over just about anything with the IRS. I also have a YFZ450 and love it too. But it's not the kind of quad I can just take out and ride all day and be comfortable on. So again depending on your riding style you should make your decision.

Live to Ride Ride to Live
post #5 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Giving you a little background. I am a yamaha fan. Owned several. Was on my way to pick up a 2011 raptor 700. Decided to check out all makes before I signed. I did check swingarm clearance when looking at the raptor. My stelel-toed boots barely fit under swingarm. I knew I do like trails better and watned clearance. Went to the honda dealer and the salesman showed me the XX. Looked at it for a while, 10+ inches of ground clearance, protected chain and brake(easy adjustment and need adjusting less often), liquid cooled/reverse/fuel injected, all I wanted in a trail bike. Told salesman we were going to eat lunch, he told me I would be back and would take it home. I told him I wasn't buying one today. It was being washed and detailed when I came back to get it, les than an hr later. Only thing I regret is looking at others, I could of been riding weeks earlier. Side note, never seen the polaris model in person anywhere. But this is also the first XX I seen to. I looked at suz 400, kfx 400, raptors, some 4X4's, even kfx 700(hate autos though). Would def buy my XX again. Only negative I have is wheel/tire options.
post #6 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Love my XX. I'm not brand or model loyal in the least. I have a Kawasaki utility quad, and a Yamaha street bike. The XX just fits the best where I ride. Lots of ruts and rooted up woods. With all the ground clearance the XX has, I rarely get stuck. Its a comfortable atv to ride all day too.

So to answer your question, if it got totaled or someone stole it, I would absolutely buy another one. Its my favorite toy.

Paul B
post #7 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 04:13 PM

I love my XX. The handling in tight turns leaves much to be desired though. Also wheel and tire combos for the stock rims are not the greatest. However when riding with raptors on trails, they get stuck i keep going. It is definately not a drag bike but an awesome trail bike. They may kill me in the dunes but im all about jungle warefare.
post #8 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Best IRS quad out:700XX
Best SRA quad out:700R

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #9 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM

well said bo
post #10 of 106 Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
2nd....

i think the xx has the best stock topend outa the 3. and the best reliability. ppl says it handles bad but thats cause there not used to irs and raza are a BIG help. and most ppl put a 13t front but idk i dont need it.... ive beaten and bin beat by 700rs and 525irs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode