Fuel range!!!???? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
headscratch Fuel range!!!????

I know I asked this a while back but I can't find the thread for the life of me. How far on the stock tank....range wise? I am going up to upper MI tomorrow to take the gf riding and am renting a sportsman 400 for her. One section of the trail is 65mi between gas stations....(provided that I don't get off track)...I plan on takin a small 1 gal can with me but need reassurance that I am not going to have to push this pig out of the middle of no-where. Barker/EHS big 3-13 tooth sprocket.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

nm found my old post....but reassurance is always welcomed....can delete scuzz if u wish
post #3 of 10 Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
you should be able to do that 65 mile loop easily as long as you aren't pinned the whole time.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 10 Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 AM

When I ride hard 55-65mph, I get 45miles and hit the reserve switch.

2008 TRX700XX Black on Black(the fastest one), Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Moose V-Front Bumper, EHS Lid Kit, EHS Controller, UNI Filter, FMF Powerbomb/Factory 4.1 Exhaust, Trail Tech Computer/Bar clamp, Trail Tech High Rise X bars, ODI Lock-On Grips, & Powermadd Handguards

Future Mods: ITP 10" rims Black & RAZR IIs on all fours

2006 Rincon 680 - 25" Mud Lite XTRs, Warn XT25 winch, Exhaust tip

Future mods: Fuel Controller, EHS Lid, Uni Filter
post #5 of 10 Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 PM

I'm getting 27MPG with mine ridding mixed trail. I figure I can go 80 miles till I have to push.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM

i got about 30 miles to the gallon at hatfield mccoy, ridding pretty hammer down the whole time. hope this helps

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #7 of 10 Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

made it....thanks
post #8 of 10 Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 AM

I did a 67 mile ride, all trails, and was near the end of my reserve.

HMF Ballance QRS slip-on, HMF/Dobeck programmer, Velocity filter, EHS lid, Razr rear tires, 22" Razr 2 front tires, Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs, Pro Armor XC bumper, Fasst Flex Bars, Trail Tech billet logo clamp, PRM a-arm skids.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
made it....thanks
Hey Jarhead, I'm glad you made it. I'm new to this forum, do you guys do ride reports? If so, I'd love to hear more about your UP trip. I did some off roading on a BMW dual sport up there in 06 and would like to know more about where you rode and what it was like.

I'm from Madison in SW Wisconsin as well. We generally ride in Black River Falls. Last weekend I switched to reserve at 55 miles and made it to our camp at around 70 miles, probably on fumes.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

We rode out of Watersmeet, MI....there is a dealer there, Headwaters Polaris, and I was able to get my ORV sticker for the xx and rent my girlfriend a little sportsman 400 for the day. Watersmeet is on the intersections of Hwy 45 and Hwy 2,... also the only rodes in the entire county that you aren't allowed on with ATV's. It's kinda like a little paradise for ATV's up there. Now that the Upper Pennisula is going through hard times more and more counties are opening up all but state Highways to ATV use and hoping to draw money from tourism and the MI-Trale system is very extensive and you are able to go north to south from border to border all on ORV's and almost all the way East to West. Alot of the Mi-Trale system is old railroad grade and kinda boring but the fact that you can turn off anywhere on any trail or fire road makes for some interesting days of exploring. I would definitly reccommend it at least once wether you have an ATV, Dual sport cycle, or SxS.

And if you have some vacation let me know there is a trip i want to make this year that would probably take a couple of days but I wanted to go from Land-o-lakes WI on the border and take the trail system all the way up to lake superior and make a loop back down....all in all probably a 400-500 mile ride...

lmk if you have anymore ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode