Cheap Mods - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
OzLinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cheap Mods

We've got a favorite mods topic and I was thinking that while the good stuff like shocks and exhausts are great I get alot of satisfaction from cheap or even free mods. Many of these mods can make a huge difference.

List you're "Tip's & Tricks" that can really make a difference without hamering your wallet.

Stock filter Mod : The stock filter on the 700XX is actually a quality item, the main restriction is the steel inner cage. All you need to do cut the perforated steel part out (or cut holes) so you keep the frame of the cage but get rid of the restriction. This will keep the filter in place but provide much less restriction and increase performance. You will be surprised at how much difference this makes.

So, what little tip, trick or part do you reccomend in these difficult financial times?.
OzLinc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adjusting the angle of the handlebars and controls makes a huge difference in the riding position and comfort.
Removing the plastic guard inside the airbox takes away some of the restriction.
Tweeking the air pressure in the wheels really helps too. Get a good, cheap digital pressure guage and raise/lower the pressure 2/10th of a pound at a time to see what works best for you. Do this on the same section of trail/track to really see the changes.
Dave01 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 10:28 PM
 
smo0oth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Jennings La.
Posts: 2,932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
What is everyone running in there tires? My friends were telling me to run them like 10-15psi put I thought I seen somewhere to run like 5.
smo0oth1 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 12-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
What is everyone running in there tires? My friends were telling me to run them like 10-15psi put I thought I seen somewhere to run like 5.

I'm running 6.4 in the front and 6.2 in the rear tires and that works good for me.
Dave01 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
5W0P3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm running 5lbs in front and rear - guess I need to bump them up.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
5W0P3 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Senior Member
 
5W0P3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
Stock filter Mod : The stock filter on the 700XX is actually a quality item, the main restriction is the steel inner cage. All you need to do cut the perforated steel part out (or cut holes) so you keep the frame of the cage but get rid of the restriction. This will keep the filter in place but provide much less restriction and increase performance. You will be surprised at how much difference this makes.
Would you need an EFI tuner for this mod?

I think my favorite (cheapest) mod has been the Gixxer Slip on haha. 06 - 07' Suzuki GSXR Slip On from Two brothers for GSXR 600/750. And an exhaust adapter from AutoZone ($2.80)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
5W0P3 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
OzLinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
IMO you should get a tuner for all EFI quads. Even a stock quad can gain from a controller.......unfortunately they are not cheap.

I like the Gixxer slip-on you have; although I'm sure it will be very loud. That setup will need a tuner of some sort. There is just too big a difference between the open gixxer silencer and the stock 700XX setup with all its internal baffles etc:......

I haven't got access to one but I think a '06 TRX450 (not '04 ~ '05) silencer with HRC end cap would be a great cheap mod for the 700XX.

Linc

Last edited by OzLinc; 12-22-2008 at 07:32 PM.
OzLinc is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 12-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
5W0P3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post
IMO you should get a tuner for all EFI quads. Even a stock quad can gain from a controller.......unfortunately they are not cheap.

I like the Gixxer slip-on you have; although I'm sure it will be very loud. That setup will need a tuner of some sort. There is just too big a difference between the open gixxer silencer and the stock 700XX setup with all its internal baffles etc:......
Linc
Thanks! I want a programmer, not trying to get out of having to get one... just time vs money I do want one before my next outing (jan 10th)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
5W0P3 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
 
scuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Internet Superhero
Posts: 6,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5W0P3 View Post
Would you need an EFI tuner for this mod?

I think my favorite (cheapest) mod has been the Gixxer Slip on haha. 06 - 07' Suzuki GSXR Slip On from Two brothers for GSXR 600/750. And an exhaust adapter from AutoZone ($2.80)

Weather you know this or not, it'a really great tip as (I'm willing to bet) that there are a lot of cheap (see "inexpensive") aftermarket options for the Suzuki GSXR out there even like you got, a second hand one.

Great looking out 5W0P3!



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
scuzz is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 12-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
5W0P3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Weather you know this or not, it'a really great tip as (I'm willing to bet) that there are a lot of cheap (see "inexpensive") aftermarket options for the Suzuki GSXR out there even like you got, a second hand one.

Great looking out 5W0P3!
I wonder how a STOCK GSXR muffler would sound...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
5W0P3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome