Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

What in the ?!

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Superswire 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I don't know what a TRX700R is, but if you look at the times for the race, Matlock was 10 hours faster and I really think he's the one who can answer this question since he was racing against one.

Matlock = 16:54:52
TRX700R = 26:54:30

A thought here... Perhaps a factory sponsored and specially factory modded 700XX?

roadkill

#7 ·
That may NOT be dead last... just 5th place. I'd bet there was more than 5 entries, but just posted the top 5 finishers. As for the time... perhaps a break down or 2, bad luck... perhaps it took support team lots of time to fix a break down?

roadkill

#9 ·
or stock bike

#10 · (Edited)
yeah, i heard the 650 powered 450s are fast, but dont hold up well to the pounding an atv gives them, i learned not to put dirtbike engines on atvs the hard way, we bolted a cr500 engine to a 250r chassis and it rattled the welds apart believe it or not !!! We gusseted the crap out of it and even cushioned the mounts, then i blew the transmision...

Check this out though...i wonder how its holding up ???

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/di...0&tier=3&nid=7095D2C297E44470895E3E4CBB8D0756

#11 ·
Cr500 engine in a 250r frame , than gunna make your teeth vibrate !
The only problem with putting the 650r inna 450r chassis ,the chassis is not strong enough. Modern gusset kits and it will not be a problem.

Also the 250r engine made the 250r chassis break , hence we got Laeger,Lonestar,Roll Design,PRM and lots more chassis's made for the 250R.:D

#12 ·
#24 · (Edited)
If you want a 500 2 Stroke bike motor in a quad I recommend a late model KX500 motor. Much less vibration than a cr500 motor and has a sweet, wide powerband. The best 2 stroke open quad I ever saw was a hybrid Daryll Rath raced at the Nats one yea. It was a full race 250R with a 89 LT500 Quadzilla motor, if I ever built another 2 stroke that would be it. But I love thumpers now.

#25 ·
That thing had to be awesome !!...I think i'll just stick to my banshee engines though, nothing makes as much power for the price or compares to the relability, just sucks they are horrid race quads, even the ones i built, with long travel suspension and light as a feather just couldnt hack it with the old honda based machines or the newer 450s, just crappy race geometry i guess. but on hill climbs, drags or the dunes, the banshee or zilla would be my weapon of choice, hell if someone had a nice enough one or a decent one and some cash, i would even let the 700 go, i love it and all, but i was born and bred on 2 smokes, haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.