broken bones - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
broken bones

no caps, sorry. typing one handed. broke both bones in my wrist on monday. was riding a desert trail, came around a bush and the trail had a sinkhole4' wide, two feet deep with verticle walls. went into it doing around 30mph. i took all the impact on my right wrist and broke my radius in two places and my ulne in one right at the end of the bones. i thought it was sprained but today it swelled up so i got it x-rayed. the quad must have jumped out of the dit\ch and landed on the right rear wheel because kit broke the bead and the tire's flat. it through me onto my back and i really got my bell rung when my helmet smacked the road. i got dizzy. probably a slight concussion. helmets save lives! i p;robably would have been u8nconscious and passibly brain injured. sorry for the typos but i have a lot of pain and one hand. waiting for the narcs to kick in. bavk to the quad, it seems perfecty. no bends and ridesstraight. really bummed though i've been riding 5-6 hours aq day 3 times a week. skier who lives in az said the desert can turn on you really quick. i'm very aggressive rider. so far i lost it 3 times in 4 months. i pretty much accept the risk but may need to tone my riding down a notch or two. i think i said that last time though.

i

Renthal 13 tooth sprocket
FMF Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header
EHS EFI controller/airbox lid/UNI air filter
Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
Renthal Raptor660 handlebars/ODI Rogue grips/Precision Racing antivibe clamps
CCP steering damper
PRM Desert II bumper/PRM standard grab bar, PRM skidplate
Maxxis Razr 23x7x10 front tires, Kenda Kutter 22x9x11 rear tires
L8ton Racing 9/16 Swaybar
Elka Stage4 front, Fox Podium X rear shocks
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards

Last edited by markas214; 06-23-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-23-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Sorry to hear that man, I hope it doesn't effect your job or anything like that.

Can you wipe your own ass?
Thanks Scuzz. i'll keep you in mind when wiping lefty. the lost work is the biggest concern i always have. i'l survive a few lot w2eeks but if i ever broke a femur and had to be out for months that could be an issue. time to look into aflac or some other type of insurance.

Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
CCP steering damper
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
post #3 of 16 Old 06-23-2010, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Sorry man, I had posted that...thought it might be funny...then thought it might not be so funny...and deleted it.

I hope you heal up quick and get back out there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Thanks Scuzz. i'll keep you in mind when wiping lefty. the lost work is the biggest concern i always have. i'l survive a few lot w2eeks but if i ever broke a femur and had to be out for months that could be an issue. time to look into aflac or some other type of insurance.
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes, I have been there and back a few times. But the femur sucks to break. I was only 14, but I was out for 6 months, prolly only a longer time being older. Hope you heal well.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 AM

Mark sorry to hear about your crash. The desert dirt is like a rock, very unforgiving. You had your helmet on smart man. I crashed on my dirt bike when I was about 14 couldn't get up for a long time, just couldn't move. When I did finally get up my helmet had a scrape down the side. I will not ride without one. On the upside you will be more ambidextrous when it is all over. After 3 shoulder surgeries (2right 1left) I found out I can actually do things with my off hand.

Where were you riding?
I drove my baja bug into a mine once (alcohol was involved). I got lucky no bodily injury's.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier207 View Post
Mark sorry to hear about your crash. The desert dirt is like a rock, very unforgiving. You had your helmet on smart man. I crashed on my dirt bike when I was about 14 couldn't get up for a long time, just couldn't move. When I did finally get up my helmet had a scrape down the side. I will not ride without one. On the upside you will be more ambidextrous when it is all over. After 3 shoulder surgeries (2right 1left) I found out I can actually do things with my off hand.

Where were you riding?
I drove my baja bug into a mine once (alcohol was involved). I got lucky no bodily injury's.
I was at the White Tanks near my house. About a mile past 183rd Ave and on the north side of Bell Rd. I ride there all the time. I always slow before coming around a blind corner but this time it looked good until I got about twenty feet away. I always wear a helmet and MX boots. I took a nice blow to my chest on the left grip but basically took the force of the entire impact onto my wrist trying to hold on. I just got there so I wasn't really in my zone as far as concentration. Last time I had a low speed roll at the end of hte day because it was so hot and I was drained mentally and physically. Early this week when I was out it was tolerable. It happened at around 6PM so the sun wasn't beating down. The day before I was out until noon, refilled my tank and went out again at 530 PM for a couple more hours. I found if it's below 102-103 I can ride pretty comfortably when the sun is low and I drink lot's of H2O.

Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
CCP steering damper
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
post #7 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
Sorry man, I had posted that...thought it might be funny...then thought it might not be so funny...and deleted it.

I hope you heal up quick and get back out there.
It was funny Scuzz. Even without the little smiley thing....

Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
CCP steering damper
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
post #8 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Sorry about your injury man. Hope you heal back up real quick. I know what it's like to try to do things one handed... Try buttoning up 501's with just your left hand. When I crashed and screwed up my right shoulder, I had to have help just getting dressed... let alone everything else I used to do with my right hand. You'd be surprised what you cam learn to do left handed.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #9 of 16 Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
W"hat typo errors. Nothing differant than normal.
Hope you heel fast.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 AM

heal fast..............

hate typing- love riding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode