some damn kids left me a suprise thismorning... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
ein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
pissed some damn kids left me a suprise thismorning...

I pulled out of my driveway on my way to work and noticed my mailbox sitting on the ground about 4 feet away from my post.... I got out of my car and picked it up and some kids have hit it with what looks to be an axe Oh well.... not much i can do.. i got back in my car and headed to work... made it 50yards down the road and noticed my PARENTS mailbox was also smashed.... about that time a cop came rolling by and said everymailbox for about 10 miles down my road was trashed... they have no clue who did it. It was just a cheap mailbox and i have NO right to be mad about it... I was a kid not to long ago and did some things i'm not so proud of... LOL

ANYWAY... what i'm getting at is do any of you have any experence making your mailbox teenager proof???

23" GBC XC Master tires up front
ITP T-9 rims rear GBX X-REX 22-11-10 rear
Douglas red label rear rims with 25" swamp lite tires
8000k Hid lights, 13/14/15tooth sprokets
Removed reverse rev limiter
Ds450 shock swap
EHS fuel programmer
Big Gun EVO R slip on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #3 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Make it outta steel and plug into mains . 1 or 2 is funny ,10 miles is taking the ****.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pure old fashoned good ole american CONCRETE. if they hit that at 15 mph they wil think twice about the next 9 miles
post #5 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 09:41 PM

I had a boss a few years back that had this happen to him. So he bought a normal looking mailbox and reinforced the inside with heavier steel plate. He set a pipe in concrete and filled with concrete. He said he always wanted to wake up in the morning and see a shattered baseball bat laying next to it.

KASH 2011
post #6 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Anyone gets caught playin mailbox baseball has to deal with the feds, dont ask.....

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #7 of 17 Old 07-02-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRaptor View Post
Anyone gets caught playin mailbox baseball has to deal with the feds, dont ask.....
You can't end it there.
Reflections of a misspent youth?

KASH 2011
post #8 of 17 Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
My dad had this sweet mailbox that looked just like a JD 4000. So some kids did the same thing. Well he ended up getting a cast iron full on model that looks about the same, took 4 inch PVC and fillet it completely full of concrete and put this on top. Couple days went by and there was a nice little dent in it, but that was it, nothign ever since. So he put on an actual mail box after that.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 17 Old 07-03-2010, 01:37 AM

Don't get to wild with your plans, friend was sued when his was hit by a car and the car was stopped. I guess it's supposed to break if a car hits it???
4-6" steel pipe filled with concrete and steel reinforced mailbox about 2' in the ground in concrete if a car hits it won't stop it but if kids hit with bat it's still there
Yes it really has worked, before this homedepot one was destroyed twice
post #10 of 17 Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 AM

my grandpa built one out of steel and yes if it will not break off you can be held reliable

grandpas solution 8" steel pipe with a relief cut just below ground level with enough force it will snap off yeah it will do damage but at least you tried to minamize it

as for my thoughts buy two mail boxes one small one big cut the lid off the small one and concrete it in the big one looks like a regular box on the outside hurts like h3ll from the inside lmao

of course you do run the risk of it going through a winshield if hit by a car but you will teach any teen more in two seconds than any fed agent will

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)

Teixeira Tech:

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode