Concussion? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Concussion?

so i crashed my xx. I slid into a bank and i went over the handlebars. I remember sliding into the bank and thinking oh shit. i also remember going off the four wheeler and landing. i remember getting back up and flipping it back from how it had tipped onto its side. i felt weird after i got up but i think i was just frightened and my adrenaline was going. i then had to jog 3 miles back to my house to get my truck and go get my XX. My dad said i hadnt been gone very long either. maybe 20 minutes. I feel a little strange but i felt the same way after i crashed another time but i am 100% sure i didnt hit my head then. after writing this it seems like i do not have a concussion because of all the details and my short term memory is fine. and my helmet looks fine. i think im just a little shaken. but guys who have had a concussion, are there any symptoms that i should be looking for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXMNSTRXX View Post
so i crashed my xx. I slid into a bank and i went over the handlebars. I remember sliding into the bank and thinking oh shit. i also remember going off the four wheeler and landing. i remember getting back up and flipping it back from how it had tipped onto its side. i felt weird after i got up but i think i was just frightened and my adrenaline was going. i then had to jog 3 miles back to my house to get my truck and go get my XX. My dad said i hadnt been gone very long either. maybe 20 minutes. I feel a little strange but i felt the same way after i crashed another time but i am 100% sure i didnt hit my head then. after writing this it seems like i do not have a concussion because of all the details and my short term memory is fine. and my helmet looks fine. i think im just a little shaken. but guys who have had a concussion, are there any symptoms that i should be looking for?

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...9.htm#Symptoms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...a MAKEOVER ? ...honey, you need to be RUNOVER !!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM

sounds like a concussion to me...if shit gets worse go in...also let people know around you....but i'm just a stupid ICU RN

post #4 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The link Supersire posted pretty much summed it up. Another thing you can do is have someone look at your eyes right after you crashed. If the pupils are real small, good sign of some head trama.

I know when I had my concussion I remember nothing about the crash. From what I was told, the last thing I do remember was probably 5 to 10 minutes before the crash. I pretty much remember nothing for a hour or two, then just bits and pieces for the next couple of hours. For the next day or so felt kind of out of it, not bad, but just kind of spacey. Never had a headache or anything.

I also knew somone who remembers everything about the crash, getting up and making sure he was alright, but then remembers nothing for the next half hour or so. I would say if you remember everything and there are no blank spots, chances are good that you did not have a actual concussion, may have just rung your bell a little bit. Still probably a good idea to have someone check on you from time to time over the next couple of days and make sure you are not doing anything strange.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #5 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I remember everything including going off my bike and jogging that long ass 3 miles and asking myself questions that i know people are asked like birthdate and stuff like that. i even did some math questions to see if i was fine haha. so i think i may have just "rung my bell a bit" like you said. I wasnt really going that fast but i just seem to be one of those people that take the worst case scenario of everything. I looked at my eyes in a mirror and if anything my pupils were a little larger than normal.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #7 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Is it really worth not nowing for sure?

Go the the hospital and get checked out.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-10-2010, 11:09 PM

I took a boxing class last year with a guy that got his bell rung good. He ended up throwing up and having a horrible headache all the next day. He went to the ER and had a concussion. I would see a doctor if any symptoms of a concussion present themselves.

KASH 2011
post #9 of 13 Old 07-11-2010, 12:04 AM

Now I'm wondering if I had a concussion during my xx crash. :S
All I remember is that I flew off my quad, which rolled 2 or 3 times into a embankment then land on me and roll once or twice more. This all happened within a second, at least I think so.

Yea I was also I shock after my crash and couldn't really walk after I got back to the staging area, but that might have been from landing on my knees while deep in 4th gear. To tell you the truth they still have not healed and that was +6 weeks ago. But that might be after I hit my knee on a bad landing jumping with my 700xx (+25 feet)

But if you are worried about it, go see a Doctor :P

2008 700xx x 6
yes 6
Front: RAZR 2 - 22", Rear: RAZR 22x10x11
Uni Air Filter
Coming: FMF efi, full exhaust, Skip plates, bumper

2009 Rubicon 500 x 2 - Mudlites
2008 XR650L x 2 - full-exhaust, lowering kit
2006 Raptor 700R - exhaust, bumpers, skip plates, Swamplites on rear
2008 CRF450X (Sold) - full-exhaust
2008 TRX400EX (Sold) - bumpers, skip plates
2006 TRX350 4x4 (Sold) - Bear Claws
post #10 of 13 Old 07-11-2010, 02:18 AM

I'm wondering why you believe you could have had a head injury. From your description you seem to think you didn't you take a blow and have no symptoms. However, there could be an injury without a blow from acceleration/deceleration, coupe/contra coupe when your brain basically sloshes back in forth rapidly in your skull. With this you still would probably feel something. Since you never lost consciousness or memory problems nor have any sense of injury... put it this way I wouldn't be concerned if it were me. One thing that is a very high contributing factor to a closed bleed where ICP, increased inter-cranial pressure, causes permanent injury or death are use of blood thinners. I had a patient in her 80s get knocked over bt a severe gust of wind who actually died several hours later. She was on Coumadin and had a severe brain bleed and was beyond saving.
My recent crash really rung my bell. The impact was violent onto the back of my helmet. I saw stars, got a little light header but fought it off and rode home with two broken bones. I got the arm checked but never bothered with a brain CT scan. I knew my risk was low of serious brain injury but probably suffered a minor concussion. Basically I would never advise not being checked and it's a personal choice. Giving advice as a provider if asked I'd always recommend an ER visit for any concern of injury no matter what I suspected the severity to be. Nothing replaces an actual diagnostic test for a definitive diagnosis.

Renthal 13 tooth sprocket
FMF Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header
EHS EFI controller/airbox lid/UNI air filter
Alba Pro Elite nerf bars
Renthal Raptor660 handlebars/ODI Rogue grips/Precision Racing antivibe clamps
CCP steering damper
PRM Desert II bumper/PRM standard grab bar, PRM skidplate
Maxxis Razr 23x7x10 front tires, Kenda Kutter 22x9x11 rear tires
L8ton Racing 9/16 Swaybar
Elka Stage4 front, Fox Podium X rear shocks
Teixeira upper a-arms
Powermadd handguards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode