User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Rooms spinning real fast...

The rooms spinning real fast from the money I just threw at the XX. I bought the EHS big 3 package after my trip to black river falls, wi. This type of riding definitely calls for big 3 and even more. I raced my friends Raptor 700r(high comp piston, st. 2 cam, k&n, barker exhaust and pc3), he has me by 5 lengths since i'm in stock form. I know he'll still beat me but I was wondering your guys thoughts on the big 3. I saw the dyno charts but how does it feel compared to stock form? I'm looking for everyone's reviews on it. I wont be riding till end of august so I'm looking to see what everyone thinks of the power increases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM

my buddy has a raptor. it is a 700se and he has had some work done. (high comp CP piston, +1 valves, P&P, ST3 CAM, Bored TB, GYTR Intake, PCIII and many more) needless to say the big 3 still doesnt do me justice. that is why this winter i am cracking the seal and doing eng mods. by the way i have a barkers full, PCIII Velocity intake, and 13T.
post #3 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droby1242 View Post
my buddy has a raptor. it is a 700se and he has had some work done. (high comp CP piston, +1 valves, P&P, ST3 CAM, Bored TB, GYTR Intake, PCIII and many more) needless to say the big 3 still doesnt do me justice. that is why this winter i am cracking the seal and doing eng mods. by the way i have a barkers full, PCIII Velocity intake, and 13T.
I was debating switching back to a 14t. Have you tried both the 14t and 13t with the big3? If so which do you like better?

post #4 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 11:43 AM

i like the 13T it feels like it has more torque. i just love the feel of it. but after this winter i will be going back to a 14t. the 13T does help. my buddy gets me by about 2 and a half lengths and before big 3 and 13T it was about 4 so there is a difference.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx700xx View Post
The rooms spinning real fast from the money I just threw at the XX. I bought the EHS big 3 package after my trip to black river falls, wi. This type of riding definitely calls for big 3 and even more. I raced my friends Raptor 700r(high comp piston, st. 2 cam, k&n, barker exhaust and pc3), he has me by 5 lengths since i'm in stock form. I know he'll still beat me but I was wondering your guys thoughts on the big 3. I saw the dyno charts but how does it feel compared to stock form? I'm looking for everyone's reviews on it. I wont be riding till end of august so I'm looking to see what everyone thinks of the power increases.
5 lengths is not bad in my mind Stock vs. Built
post #6 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 PM

it is when your the one that is 4 to 5 lengths behind.
post #7 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droby1242 View Post
it is when your the one that is 4 to 5 lengths behind.
Lol, thats good stuff! Yea, I'd like to be a bit closer. I was dead even with him through mid range and then top end he pulled like a son of a bitch. I have plans in the future to build the motor but for now just big 3. He went up a tooth on his front sprocket and I went down, with that being said he still couldn't catch me top end in the trails. XX is pretty much badass.

post #8 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM

I ran the 13 tooth with the big 3 and 20" rears, the gears are way to short and killed the top end big time. Switched back to the 14 tooth and this thing is now a beast from the bottom to the top. The 13 tooth is way over rated , just my .02$

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
I ran the 13 tooth with the big 3 and 20" rears, the gears are way to short and killed the top end big time. Switched back to the 14 tooth and this thing is now a beast from the bottom to the top. The 13 tooth is way over rated , just my .02$
I ran 24" tires with a 13t sprocket and switched to 22" tires. I finally got to see what everyone was talking about. I think the 13t sprocket does make a huge difference. I'm wondering if I'm going to feel that change all over again with big 3. I think I'm going to switch back to the 14t for my next fast trail trip.

post #10 of 18 Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

I love the Barker EHS package. Pulls like a bitch top to bottom. You can roll on it anywhere and everwhere and you had better be paying attention. At the same time it is also very rideable, I can still take my kids for rides with no problem. I have the 13t on mainly because of the tight trails. I could definately see the 14t if you ride in more wide open areas. But mine is just almost as fast on top with the big 3 and 13t versus stock with the 14t, only it will get there in about half the time. I have only really lined up against one bike since the big 3, a trinity piped banshee. It was close for the first three gears, then I left him bad. I know there are banshees out there that run much better, but his does run good. I don't think that my ATC250R would haul drinking water to my 700XX, and it has ALOT more $$ in the motor. Went on a trail ride a few months with one of my buddys with a big 3 yfz. We switched bikes for a while, but never ran them. When he got off he was really impressed, he said "That it had huge red flaming balls." Unsolicited positive feedback from a Yamaha guy is about as good as it gets.

At some point I am going to do some GPS runs with both the 13t and 14t and see which is quicker for me with 22" rears.

You will love it!!!

KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode