How do people know how many hours on a TRX? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do people know how many hours on a TRX?

I'm looking to buy an 08 TRX700XX. In looking at ads for them a lot of people put in "has 30 hours or so". Do these have an hour meter on them or are people just guessing?

Also...why are these things so cheap? I've found at least 8 around my area that are all under $4k...some are only a few months old (bought in May/June 10)

I'm coming off a WR450F (plated) that I ride all over the place, but after riding a KFX700 and Blaster this weekend I think I'd like a quad better. I had a Grizzly 660, but hardly used it...was like driving a tractor. Not a sporty unit.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM

Most of the people are guessing. I am not aware of a meter. But usually a tank of gas last about 4 to 5 hours I just average on the high side. As for the price honda made to many and they didn't sell as fast so that drove the new price down and if the new price goes down the used price goes down. Its all about the economy.

Last edited by droby1242; 08-16-2010 at 09:21 AM.
post #3 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droby1242 View Post
As for the price honda made to many and they didn't sell as fast so that drove the new price down and if the new price goes down the used price goes down. Its all about the economy.
Interesting opinion....I'm comparing similar quads and other brands seems to have a higher asking price even for the same year. Curious to me....so many for sale, new ones really cheap (ya, they're 2 years old, but still new). I wish someone near me had one to try to see if this is a good fit for me or not.

Thanks again

post #4 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Well I will tell you I love mine. Some of the differences I have noticed is mod for mod the XX holds its own with the raptor. How ever the mods are kind of limited right now. You can do a big bore a port and polish valves and all that good stuff but modding a raptor is easier due to more after market. I also go trail riding and the raptor high centers or can't get through mud holes that I slip through easily. Uts all about riding style. If your not wanting a drag bike I would go with a XX. Just my .02 cents.
post #5 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

I ride NE trails which are rutted and rocky and I have 2 MX tracks near me that I can play on. Winter riding is also fun around here. I don't usually mod engines, but I'll put money into suspension as that has proven to be the way to be the fastest guy on the trail. Most of these machines have way more power than anyone is really using, but get it smooth in the bumps and you suddenly are waiting for everyone else.
post #6 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 AM

You are correct just look up the baja 1000 results the XX dominates.
post #7 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
Interesting opinion....I'm comparing similar quads and other brands seems to have a higher asking price even for the same year. Curious to me....so many for sale, new ones really cheap (ya, they're 2 years old, but still new). I wish someone near me had one to try to see if this is a good fit for me or not.

Thanks again
Where is near you? Spill it and someone on here may be able to help.

As far as price, this machine came out it's first year in a terrible economy. The IRS in a sport quad is a fairly new concept. The only other 2wd machine is a Polaris, not the most reliable machines. So the 700 doesn't have any kind of long term following. I can tell you it is a Honda, very well designed, reliable, and pleasure to ride all day.

So if you don't like going fast on rough trails and throwing dirt at you buddies behind you I can't recommend one for you.

I think down the road this machine is gonna be the one in demand.

Get one you won't be sorry.

P.S. get a Red one they're faster.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Posted 2X sorry,

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by skier207; 08-16-2010 at 01:46 PM.
post #9 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier207 View Post
Where is near you? Spill it and someone on here may be able to help.

As far as price, this machine came out it's first year in a terrible economy. The IRS in a sport quad is a fairly new concept. The only other 2wd machine is a Polaris, not the most reliable machines. So the 700 doesn't have any kind of long term following. I can tell you it is a Honda, very well designed, reliable, and pleasure to ride all day.

So if you don't like going fast on rough trails and throwing dirt at you buddies behind you I can't recommend one for you.

I think down the road this machine is gonna be the one in demand.

Get one you won't be sorry.

P.S. get a Red one they're faster.
I'm in upstate, NY near Binghamton. 13902 zip code.

Ya, I like the red/black combo, but color isn't a big factor to me. I like Honda stuff generally. The only thing that puts me off this a little is the reports of poor steering, but it sounds like that is subjective and can be cured at least mostly.

thanks
post #10 of 22 Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
I'm in upstate, NY near Binghamton. 13902 zip code.

Ya, I like the red/black combo, but color isn't a big factor to me. I like Honda stuff generally. The only thing that puts me off this a little is the reports of poor steering, but it sounds like that is subjective and can be cured at least mostly.

thanks
You being a dirt bike guy and not having much experience on quads the steering issue may be a non issue. Most riders have had solid read axle quads in the past and sort of expect this to behave the same. Anyhow a few simple mods help the push problem. I hear the L8ton sway bar will all but eliminate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode