Any ideas on trailer inverter? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any ideas on trailer inverter?

Ive got 6 Optima blue tops and am planning on using an inverter to run fans ect. It gets so hot here it sucks most of the time. Even under an easy up it gets unbearable.

Anyone have any ideas or personal experience with a good set up on a 6x10 Work/Sport trailer with a V tongue. I would love to mount it in a box on the tongue but the weight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 PM

just a quick thought have you considered running a "tropical roof" type set up ?as in a second roof "skin" about 8" + above the main one ...common practice here in Aust with worksite vans ans home caravans to help with heat/humidity ...does make a difference
post #3 of 6 Old 09-03-2010, 04:30 PM

No experience in a stand alone setup but I have a 750w inverter mounted in my car

And a 4000w I take in the truck camping drains a battery fast though I usually have a spare battery to run it off of just in case one day I will mount it all up in the truck

on a stand alone setup you could do a solar charging system and probably keep up on six batteries

As far as mounting them I'd run three on each side to keep it balanced or recess them in the floor if you have enough room ie ground clearance

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Teixeira Tech:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left

Last edited by ranger19jn; 09-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-04-2010, 12:37 AM

I know you said you already had the 6 Optima Blue Tops, but they had to cost you close to what you could buy a Honda EU1000i or EU2000i inverter generator for. The inverter technology allows them to idle down for a light load and run a really long time quietly on not much gas. If there is some reason you can't run a generator, then good luck with the inverter setup. The one I've messed with was not very effecient running on battery alone, putting out a lot of heat for the load it was carrying.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXXation View Post
I know you said you already had the 6 Optima Blue Tops, but they had to cost you close to what you could buy a Honda EU1000i or EU2000i inverter generator for. The inverter technology allows them to idle down for a light load and run a really long time quietly on not much gas. If there is some reason you can't run a generator, then good luck with the inverter setup. The one I've messed with was not very effecient running on battery alone, putting out a lot of heat for the load it was carrying.
Batts were free, and I figured if some lowlife stole them its not so bad, otherwise I agree 100% with the gen.

It is looking lilke more trouble than its worth. I may Craigslist the batteries and put that towards a good small generator. I have a huge 10k generator I got for hurricane use, but its way to big.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 AM

I'd sell the batteries too. The generator sounds way easier!

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode