Gallbladder Issues - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sad Gallbladder Issues

Hey fellow 700xx'ers. I was just diagnosed with gallbladder issues. I had 3 gallbladder attacks in the past week and after some more testing to ensure the gallbladder is the issue, it seems I will most likely have surgery to get it removed. I love the community here on the forum so I figured I would come here and ask, has anyone been through this? What was the experience?

Thanks

The XX is not a submarine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 PM

Guy at my work had his taken out. They made 3 little cuts and get they're tools in there and snip snip and pull it out and put a few stitches in and you might stay a day in the hospital for observation then you'll go home with some antibiotics and pain killers. You'll be sore for a couple weeks and will just hafta take it easy. but you should do good and barely be able to see the scars when its all healed.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 09:11 PM

just make sure your still with it when signing the consent papers man ...dont wanna "accidentally" tick the gender reassignment box !!

Last edited by Oz_Beast; 08-31-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typing sux ..lol...sorry guys n gals

post #4 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 09:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
My dad had this a year or two ago Marc. His was full of gangerine, and the doctor say he prolly had a week b4 it blew. Anyway, like Hayden said, there was just three incisions and that was it. I was overseas so I dont know how long he was in the hospital, but i am pretty sure it was just a in/out surgery, and he was home the same day. Didn't really lay him up, but with every surgery, you will be sore afterwards. Shouldn't affect you much though, oh and they may make you eat light for a day or two as well.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM

They'll do it laproscopically if they can which is the least invasive method. Even at that, you'll have some pain and pretty serious soreness due to the cutting of abdominal muscles. If they have to do it as an open procedure you'll have a long recovery with a lot of pain and soreness.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input everyone. Good to know its a common procedure. I am not looking forward to the surgery or the recovery time, but it could be worse.

The XX is not a submarine
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
My dad just had it done last Monday. The pain meds don't do much for him so he was hurting pretty bad but it's same day surgery. He's feeling pretty good now.
post #8 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
I will pray for a speedy pain free recovery for you Marc!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #9 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 11:37 AM

I had mine taken out 8 years ago hurt like a booger-bear for a while but not as long and as bad as when it was in .The doctor took 71 stones out when they removed it I still have them in a little container somewhere looks just like small gravel ,It will be ok after you get it out BUT sleep in a recliner for a week cause its damn hard to sit up in bed and get out ya have to roll onto the floor if you sleep in bed lol ,God bless on your surgery we will pray for you and a speedy recovery.
post #10 of 17 Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
Hey fellow 700xx'ers. I was just diagnosed with gallbladder issues. I had 3 gallbladder attacks in the past week and after some more testing to ensure the gallbladder is the issue, it seems I will most likely have surgery to get it removed. I love the community here on the forum so I figured I would come here and ask, has anyone been through this? What was the experience?

Thanks
Typically, gall bladder attacks stop after 2-3 days and completely disappear after a week. If this doesnít happen, one can have serious complications. High fever, shivering, significant increase of the number of white cells and stopping of the normal intestine running show inflammation of the gall bladder (abscess), gangrene or breakage of gall bladder wall.

In such situations an urgent operation is required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode