To Buy or Not to Buy ? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oops To Buy or Not to Buy ?

I currently own a 2001 Raptor 660 and am considering buying a new quad. I also have an '07 Sport Edition Rhino 660. A couple of days ago I began browsing some of the forums and came across this one. It raised my interest in the 700xx, so I visited a Honda dealer. I really liked what I saw so I began reading some of the posts. I have seen quite a few negative comments and problems with the 700xx. But, I have also seen a lot of positives. I guess my question is, do you have regrets about buying your 700xx? Would you do it over again? I really like the power, handling and reliability of my Raptor and have mixed feelings about getting rid of it. I have not ridden a 700xx. The dealer I went to only has his driveway for taking a little ride. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-09-2010, 10:25 PM

No regrets. Would do it again and again.
post #3 of 30 Old 09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Qaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
I currently own a 2001 Raptor 660 and am considering buying a new quad. I also have an '07 Sport Edition Rhino 660. A couple of days ago I began browsing some of the forums and came across this one. It raised my interest in the 700xx, so I visited a Honda dealer. I really liked what I saw so I began reading some of the posts. I have seen quite a few negative comments and problems with the 700xx. But, I have also seen a lot of positives. I guess my question is, do you have regrets about buying your 700xx? Would you do it over again? I really like the power, handling and reliability of my Raptor and have mixed feelings about getting rid of it. I have not ridden a 700xx. The dealer I went to only has his driveway for taking a little ride. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.
i have had mine for a month and love it so comfortable and handles awesome was comleteley blown away on my first ride. as far as negative comments you have to remember there are alot of haters out there and people that could break anything

post #4 of 30 Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
my only regret is that i alway end up waiting for friends on trail rides casue they cant keep up...
post #5 of 30 Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 AM

I had an 01 660/719 and have absolutely no regrets! I dont miss it except for the power. Also, at the end of the day I'm not tired and dont feel like I've been beat up. I dont think you would regret the change.

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
post #6 of 30 Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxmaniac View Post
my only regret is that i alway end up waiting for friends on trail rides casue they cant keep up...
Obviously you need to buy one for your friends now!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 30 Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM

I have about 20 some hours on mine and I really like the 700xx. The dealers are giving such good deals on them right now too, I got my 08 for $4900 OTD and there are better deals than that out there. I do want to upgrade the suspension and put the big 3 on it in the future.
post #8 of 30 Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 AM

No offense, but what do you expect to hear on a 700XX dedicated forum? You need to evaluate your riding style and terrain and see if the concept of the XX fits you. It's a good ATV, but has a fairly narrow focus out of the box. There's a reason the dealers are giving them away, used units are sitting unsold or being sold for crazy cheap prices and there isn't a 2010 model. I bought one really inexpensively so I can cash it easily if I don't like it or I get bored with it (like I do with everything within a year) I certainly wouldn't buy a new one, but a used unit for $3K or so would be smart.
post #9 of 30 Old 09-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
I would buy another one in a heartbeat, awesome machines, comfortable to ride great on any terrain. It is all about how you use it though. pure drag applications tend to go to the raptor 700 while back country trail riding is the xx's playground. I paid 7k for mine and have no regrets.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #10 of 30 Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8r View Post
No offense, but what do you expect to hear on a 700XX dedicated forum? You need to evaluate your riding style and terrain and see if the concept of the XX fits you. It's a good ATV, but has a fairly narrow focus out of the box. There's a reason the dealers are giving them away, used units are sitting unsold or being sold for crazy cheap prices and there isn't a 2010 model. I bought one really inexpensively so I can cash it easily if I don't like it or I get bored with it (like I do with everything within a year) I certainly wouldn't buy a new one, but a used unit for $3K or so would be smart.
I have to disagree. If you read all the reviews by magazines and the people on here, it isn't a narrow focus ATV at all. It has capabilities to do everything just as it is, with the exception of MX, which most people don't do MX anyway. The reason they are selling so cheap is b/c Honda made a metric butt ton of these, along w/ the 450R and 400EX, and you can still get 08's at the dealers of all 3 machines. Honda didn't make a single 2010 model of any sport machine that they offer, and their 2011 lineup hasn't been announced yet. I have a few different machines, and if I want to go ride all day, I will hop on this. It goes thru mud others wont, is comfy as all hell, and it is a 700cc powerplant, so it would be hard to get bored with it. Granted, it has some flaws, like if you are going from a SRA to this, the turning blows, but you can adapt to it, or get an upgraded sway bar. The stock tires are junk, but that is the case w/ any new quad. The stock shocks suck as well, but same w/ almost any other stock machine. If I had to do it over again, I would buy this quad in a heartbeat. You see this machine win Baja, but not really anything else like GNCC due to the fact that the rulebook states clearly that in GNCC you can't have anything bigger than a 450, so if that were to change, I am quite sure you would see this in there.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode