Bit the Bullet and Bought One - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bit the Bullet and Bought One

As you can see in my post below this one, I asked for advice from members of this board. Here is the post I made:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just so you'll know, I took your advice and put down a deposit this morning and will pick it up tomorrow. ('08 Black/Red) I took a little test ride around a dealer's parking lot and couldn't really tell much about it. Two things I noticed right off that I didn't like but probably can be fixed is the position of the shift lever. It is to high and I had to take my foot off of the peg to shift it. The other was how easy the throttle works. I think I must have looked like a kid trying to drive a standard shift the first time. It was hard to keep it steady. I just hope I enjoy it as much as I have my Raptor over the last 10 years. If I like it as much as I think I will, I will probably sell my '07 Rhino Sport Edition as well. Hint: The '01 Raptor 660 is for sale as of today. Thanks again to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Congratulations!

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #3 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
The shifter is a easy fix, takes 2 minutes to adjust. And congratulations.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM

Congrat.'s on the new bike! It's gonna feel awkward at first. At least it did for me. You'll get used to the IRS and the push.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 02:52 PM

I am glad to see you bought the faster one. Besure to go to the vote thread of which one is faster.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #6 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #7 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Great- Ride red my Freind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Hello and welcome. Duramax as is the diesel? Love that new GMC with engine braking and 765lb.ft...

Same here with adjusting to the throttle. 13t really helped. I've also ended up with cuts near the bottom of my thumb from the bolt head above the throttle after a big air landing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 Wolverine
post #9 of 13 Old 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Xstriker
time to get bitten by the mod bug, congrats on the purchase. may I ask how much you got yours for? I was at my local dealer yesterday to get a spare part and saw an 09' for sticker price ($8400) i think and I just laughed. anyways great to have ya.

08 TRX 700XX
HMF Full Performance Exhaust
EHS Programmer
11/16 L8ton Swaybar
Skat~Trak Haulers 20X10X10
ITP T-9 Pro Series Wheel 10X7 4.0 + 3.0 Polished
Alba Pro Elite Nerfs
Trail Tech Vapor Speedo/odom
post #10 of 13 Old 09-19-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Xstriker. I did some shopping around and got a variety of prices. Found some left over '08 that started at $4399. But when you sat down with them, they began adding all sorts of things. Like freight, prep, property taxes, etc. One started out at $4499 and with my '01 Raptor as a trade in, it came out to $6850. I bought mine from Bartlesville Ok. Cycle Sports. $4399 +$12 for paper work and I paid the taxes when I returned home to Tx. Total with taxes was under $4700. They had some '09 Limited Editions for $5599 + the $12. I completely understand a dealer needing to make money to stay open, but I don't want him making all of it off of me. This is the second 4 wheeler I have purchased from them and they have been very up front every time. It was worth the 300 miles one way drive as far as I am concerned and will do it again the next time I am in the market. They also carry Suzuki, Polaris and Harley Davidson.

Last edited by Duramax; 09-19-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode