700xx Upgrades/Mods Path - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx Upgrades/Mods Path

Hey all, new to the forums and after selling my can-am I'm now a proud owner of a new 700xx

I'm fairly new to working on any kinda of vehicles in general, haven't done much more than an oil change on one, but I am hoping to learn

While I haven't ridden it much yet, I was already looking at modifications to it that I could work on this winter while riding is slow. I was wondering, where is a good place to start, and what is something I could learn to do myself by following guides, and what should I go to a dealer for. Like exhaust/sprocket/suspension/etc... Out of those (and any others) what do you think needs it the most, or cheapest, and what difficulty

Thanks for your time
(sorry if there is an existing thread like this but I couldn't seem to find one)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM

Mods...

Most of the Mods you want to do are easy and if you can figure out stuff with a book....you are good to go. I helped my Dad on some of his Motorcycles and just watched him. If you want to change your exhaust, just look at what you got to take off to get to it..Plastic comes off, then your muffler then your head pipe or you maybe able to take it all off at once..If you want to change your sprocket, there is a detailed way here on the 700 forum on how to do it. Just about anything you want to do is listed here on the 700 forum. Download the manual off the forum, it will tell you how to take the whole bike apart. If you get in trouble ask a few of the guys and they will help out. This 4 wheeler is easy to work on and then you can say you did all the work to it. Plus if something ever goes wrong with it you know how to get to it and fix it....hope this helps....
post #3 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM

This thing is easy to work on. All the basic upgrades are simple. Like Big 3, 13 tooth sprocket change, changing shocks, changing bars and grips and so on. You'll find everything you need to help you right here on this website.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 PM

You must install nerf bars....they're a must-have item. I think there are a nice set for sale in the classifieds on here now!
post #5 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies

Gonna get the 13 sprocket first since that sounds like the easiest and most noticable change, and go from there

Again, thanks and great site
post #6 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 12:56 AM

No problem on the help...That is what all of here are for. If one of does not know it, I am sure we can find out how. The big 3 are just as easy as changing the sprocket. I think it is easier than the sproket, unhook a few wires, take a few bolts loose and pop off your air box lid and your done. I bet I could do the big 3 just as fast as the sprocket....Like the others said get you some nerf bars. I had a stick flip up on me last week. If the nerf bars had not been there, I would have got smacked in the shin with a 4in dia stick...I got the ProArmor, they are not cheap and are not easy to get on but they are strong and protect me very well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode