User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Pro-Line Enclosed Trailers

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experiences be it good or bad with Pro-Line trailers. Found a really good deal on one at the Virginia store and I'm thinking about taking a road trip to go pick it up.

Here are the features and some pics, its a 7x14 with a slight v-nose.

Features
Dexter (2) 3500lb EZY Lube Axles
Rounded V-nose
RV Style Side Door
LED Lights
Spring Assist Ramp Door
7000lb GVW
Electric Brakes on all 4 Wheels
Side Door
Roof Vent
Available in Other Colors
24" Aluminum Tread Plate Stone Guard
Aluminum Fenders
15" Tires
2 5/16" ball
7-way Bargman Plug
Breakaway Safety Kit
3/4" Plywood Floor
3/8" Plywood Walls
12 Volt Dome Interior Light
Wall Switch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:19 PM

how much? I want one!!! Looks like a nice trailer.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

$2975 otd

post #4 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:29 PM

That sounds like a deal to me... I've seen some of those here for 4k used... go for it!
post #5 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Looks like a nice one to me, too. If I were you, I'd find a local trailer manufacturer that could swap that coupler out for something more substantial. I've never trusted the stamped ones. Bulldog couplers are cheap and bulletproof, and a licensed manufacturer can change it out for a few hundred bucks. Or, even better, there's this thing--

http://www.quickbitecouplers.com/

I have no experience with it, but it looks awesome.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #6 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceballos View Post
That sounds like a deal to me... I've seen some of those here for 4k used... go for it!
Around here I can not find anything like this for less than $4200 plus tax.
post #7 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHV Wildcat View Post
Looks like a nice one to me, too. If I were you, I'd find a local trailer manufacturer that could swap that coupler out for something more substantial. I've never trusted the stamped ones. Bulldog couplers are cheap and bulletproof, and a licensed manufacturer can change it out for a few hundred bucks. Or, even better, there's this thing--

http://www.quickbitecouplers.com/

I have no experience with it, but it looks awesome.
Thanks for the info. Looks cool as hell, going to have to read some reviews on this one.
post #8 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I've never had a problem w/ the stamped couplers. I haven't used a Pro-Line before, all of mine have been HaulMark. It looks like a fine trailer and a mighty good deal. I'd see if you could get some tie downs put in while it is there for just the price of parts, if not, I'd do it yourself. Some problems you will probably have w/ an enclosed trailer that I have seen on all of mine and all of my racing buddies. 1 the flashing material (the small wood slids that go over the cracks in the wall wood material (Sorry IDK the correct name)) is usually just stapled on and will pop off qutie easily. 2: the trailer tongue and frame will rust very easily, so up keep is needed (quite simple). 3: The diamond plate isn't really diamond plate, just the look alike stuff, so it will dent easily (happened to me while going down a dirt road and rocks hit it). 4: be sure to grease all the hinges and the hitch (especially for the ramp door as those sometimes are known to break off when not greased properly) as well as the wheel bearings atleast once a year. I can't really think of anything else except maybe putting a quick coat of wax on it so that when you just let it sit and crap and it starts looking funky, you can just pressure wash it and have most of the gunk come off.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #9 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwh45 View Post
I've never had a problem w/ the stamped couplers. I haven't used a Pro-Line before, all of mine have been HaulMark. It looks like a fine trailer and a mighty good deal. I'd see if you could get some tie downs put in while it is there for just the price of parts, if not, I'd do it yourself. Some problems you will probably have w/ an enclosed trailer that I have seen on all of mine and all of my racing buddies. 1 the flashing material (the small wood slids that go over the cracks in the wall wood material (Sorry IDK the correct name)) is usually just stapled on and will pop off qutie easily. 2: the trailer tongue and frame will rust very easily, so up keep is needed (quite simple). 3: The diamond plate isn't really diamond plate, just the look alike stuff, so it will dent easily (happened to me while going down a dirt road and rocks hit it). 4: be sure to grease all the hinges and the hitch (especially for the ramp door as those sometimes are known to break off when not greased properly) as well as the wheel bearings atleast once a year. I can't really think of anything else except maybe putting a quick coat of wax on it so that when you just let it sit and crap and it starts looking funky, you can just pressure wash it and have most of the gunk come off.
Thanks man really appreciate the advice. I'm leaving Friday night to go down there since its going to take me a good 7 1/2 hours. Going to take the wife and daughter and make a weekend trip out of this.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
Sweet. Be sure to put insurance on it as well. I know some states you aren't required to, but I have mine fully covered. The first one I had I got T-Boned by a dump truck fully loaded w/ gravel, needless to say he sliced right thru the trailer. Now they pretty much gave me a nice settlement check 2 days later.........and other stuff.......but with that said, I would have been able to turn that into my insurance and have everything replaced in a heartbeat. It is cheap too, it goes right on my truck insurance and is like an extra $30 a year, for full coverage, especially theft. Plus you can set an amount on it for its contents, meaning all your MX gear and stuff.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode