1985 atc 250r - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1985 atc 250r

Got a kickass deal on a 1985 honda atc 250r! My dads buddy has 3 of them and he's selling me one for 500 cash! it runs great and its in perfect condition and all stock. Its a awesome deal! Im just wondering if its as fast as the 700? ive never rode one before but ive heard about the power they pack...what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Thats a great deal. I rode a buddies 86 quite a bit in my youth that had aftermarket reeds and silencer. If I remember right it toped out around 80. I dont think it will out run the 700 on the big end stock but i think it will get there quicker. First thing I would do (after the first ride of course, lets don't be foolish) is rering it, complete exhaust kit and the reeds. Good luck keeping the front down. lol
post #3 of 19 Old 09-22-2010, 12:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
sweet deal. They are fast. Just remember, 2 stroke hahaha, don't keep it WOT while trying to outrun the 700.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 19 Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

I'll be sure to post some pics and hopefully a video(if I can figure out how to put it up on here) of the 250r and 700 racing. And of course a ride review. Cant wait until saturday!
post #5 of 19 Old 09-22-2010, 06:58 PM

First off, that is an AWESOME deal!!!!! I have paid more than that for Rs that were parts bikes. If you haven't rode one much, be careful the first few times. They can be a handful in the woods and on the rocks if you are not used to one.

On the speed thing, I am gonna say it depends on where you race at. I am not sure about a stock R since it has been so long since mine was, but I think that my big 3 XX would destroy mine on the road or dirt. At the same time the R would eat it up in the sand or anything really loose, the weight difference is too much to overcome in those situations. Watch the front end, coming up and going sideways when you have a traction differential on the rear end. If you are going to trail ride it, I would recommend spacers and a harder rear tire like a scorpion. Makes it much easier to get around the corners.

You will love it!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
post #6 of 19 Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
This is why I hate you Yanks !
Me can only hope to find things like this at this kinda money, works out about £700 .

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #7 of 19 Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

I plan on riding mostly trails with the 250r and was wondering what aftermarket parts I should start with. I probably have about 600 dollars to put into it as of now. Who knows what will make a 250r fast for cheap??
post #8 of 19 Old 09-24-2010, 03:03 PM

For $600 I would get a pipe, silencer, filter, and reeds. Especially if it still has the stock reeds from 85. The Boyesen Rad Valve is good because it has a better intake on it, I have ran one for about 6 years with good luck. As far as a woods pipe goes, I really like my FMF fatty with the plain jane FMF silencer. I used to run a K&N, but it didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling on how it fits in the air box over the flange, so i swiched to a UNI. Like I said earlier, rear tires and spacers make it easier to handle IMO. Make sure to take extra time jetting, the R is alot pickier than modern 4 strokes.

After that, port, polish, bigger carb, bigger piston.........the list goes on and on.

Here is a pic of my baby.

KASH 2011

Last edited by EEHonda; 09-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.
post #9 of 19 Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

So I finally picked up the 250r on sunday and holy hell that thing is fast! The second I got home my dad and I ran the xx against the 250 and the 250r won 5 of 6 races! The 250 seemed to get the jump off the line and pulled to about 2 bike lengths and stayed there the whole race. The 250 is stock and the xx has the big 3. I was very impressed with the 250! Can't wait to put aftermarket parts in it! I'll get pics up later today and video sometime this week!
post #10 of 19 Old 09-27-2010, 02:13 PM

Cool! I would have lost a shit load of money on that bet.

KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode