Speeding Ticket - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speeding Ticket

Ok, so i got a ticket by a state trooper yesterday on i-49 goin 92 in a 70. first off, i didnt even know my truck could go that fast and second i just put some 20s on it a few days ago so i knew my speedometer would be off, but not that bad. It only showed 75. Well, needless to say, i tried to politely talk my way out of it but it didnt work so i tried my connections to see about getting it reduced or fixed but no one could due to where it was at. Now, ive heard that you can call the DA's office and reason with them and they may at least reduce it for you but i want to see all my options. i know everyone on here's gotten at least one ticket and got out of it, so any ideas? this is my first offence and i'd really like it if it didnt go on my record.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
PLEASE tell me this wasn't in the City of Washington. I *just* paid a ticket to those assholes for 81 in a 70. They are famous for being a speed trap. Hell, all of I-49 is. When I would drive from Dallas to New Orleans I would stay on I-20 and keep driving East till I got to I-55 because of those assholes. The City of Washington writes tickets for people passing through with dark tint, missing or taillights that are out. If you can imagine it they write tickets for it. Their whole shit-town is based off of traffic tickets.

Sorry, venting.

Yes, call the DA and start working out a deal early. Got extra time? See if you can wash fire trucks to pay for a reduced fine. Just have the attitude that you made a HUGE mistake and that you're hard on money and that you would like to make it right.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

actually it was in mansfield. but my exgirlfriends mom got one in Washington a few months back. that town is bad, but so is woodsworth. i'm in college so i am definately hard on money right now....

post #4 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 AM

post #5 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

ah its cool. hopefully i can get somethin done to it at least. 92 in a 70 really doesnt look good on my part. lol but seriously, anyone else with ideas hit me up please....
post #6 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 AM

Go to court and plead no contest. If the judge does not offer then ask for no points but will pay the fine and accept going to driving class. The courts only want the money. They realy don't care about giving you points. OH! Dress up when you go to court. Shorts, Jeans, T-shirts, and flip flops will get you no were. LOL

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #7 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 AM

Sorry, I don't have any advice on how to get out of it--I've had to pay almost all of mine. But I would give you a word of warning. It's not likely a wheel and tire change would mess your speedometer up that badly. So if it was really reading 75, I'd borrow a GPS unit and try to get a feel for how bad it's off--there's something else wrong with it. Or you can do the simple method--watch your odometer between mile markers. If your odometer reads .81 miles instead of 1.0, your speedometer is actually off that far, so watch yourself.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #8 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Well I'm hopin I can at least get it reduced. How much would a ticket like that be?
post #9 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 AM

OHV is right, show due diligence and do your own testing about the speedometer, it won't get you out of the ticket, but it will show that you are doing everything possible to make sure that it doesn't happen again to the judge.

As far as the amount - call the number on it, they will be able to rattle off the dollar amount pretty quickly...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 45 Old 09-29-2010, 10:42 AM

I've personally never had a ticket, but if I were you I would get a lawyer and take it to court. Tell them your speedo was off and you didn't know it. Also try and get a shop to verify this. I believe 20mph over the limit is considered reckless driving and you might lose your license? If not there is gonna be a big fine coming your way! Us Truck Drivers call them "driving awards"! Good luck and SLOW down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode