Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Almost time again...

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  av8r 
#1 · (Edited)
I can't wait to ride this! Any other snowmobilers in here? Heres a vid of me being a total dumbass my first year with the sled. I'm swapping the track this year for a Ripsaw that is a .5" bigger. Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2lqhPV1LoM

#2 ·
lol - I did the same thing on my quad one time. Top speed run and had an "oh crap" moment as I had the brakes locked up and slid through some weeds and into a ditch with water in it. Thankfully the water was only 8" deep!

I thought it was MUCH deeper as I was sliding to it with my eyes as big as silver dollars...

#3 ·
I can't watch the video right now, but I got a few sleds. Mostly Arctic Cat, always had good luck with them. Right now I have a F8 and a crossfire 800. Had a F1 that got the twin turbos on, but it was way to much for me, so after all the refurb and stuff, I sold it. Something about hitting 90-100 and nailing the gas even more and having the skis come off the ground just isn't for me. I also have a 1974 JD 440. Best sled i've ever had, as it starts up no matter what LOL. Last year I did about 5200 miles. Hoping to get more this year.

#4 ·
I can't watch the video right now, but I got a few sleds. Mostly Arctic Cat, always had good luck with them. Right now I have a F8 and a crossfire 800. Had a F1 that got the twin turbos on, but it was way to much for me, so after all the refurb and stuff, I sold it. Something about hitting 90-100 and nailing the gas even more and having the skis come off the ground just isn't for me. I also have a 1974 JD 440. Best sled i've ever had, as it starts up no matter what LOL. Last year I did about 5200 miles. Hoping to get more this year.
This is my first sled. Its a 1998 Mountain SRX 700, gotta love the 2 stroke triple. They sound awesome and still hang with the new big dog sleds. It has 2" of suspension travel over the normal SRX 700 so it rides nice as well.

Thats good stuff Gary, I'm pretty sure I had the silver dollar eyes going as well. lol

#5 ·
Yeah, a lot of people love the triples. I will stick w/ the doubles. The new ones are amazing. I love how I can change my handlebar height on the fly for some different riding environments. I like the crossfire a little more than the f8, but the f8 is a tad faster. I rode my cousins 1000cc fourstroke supercharged one last year, road like a caddy. It was insane, and w/ the super it wasn't luggish at all like most of the fourstrokers out there.

#9 ·
AV8R, do you guys ride around home? I usually hit up the trails thru smithville to cincinnatus and stuff. Or if I have a few buddies we head up to tug hill for a weekend. Last year we went up once and all the trails were perfectly powdered on the way, and on the way back they were all whoops from so many people getting there after us.
Drifting like that is awesome, until you hit something and plop her on the side lol. Done that a time or two. My cousin just got a little 500 arctic cat last winter, and that damn thing is so fun to ride in the woods. not much for opening it up on flats and stuff, but get it in the woods and it eats everything (machines and whatever else out there) right up. So small and nimble. Last year I put some paddles on a 450R and road that around, wish I bought them in 10'' rim though so I could use them on the 700 to see how that would do.

#10 ·
I sold all my sled stuff, but have been toying with buying something like the Skidoo Freestyle or a Phazer to play around on. I personally loved the bumps at Tug. The bigger the better. I had Ross at Hygear do my suspension and I could go quite fast over pretty much anything. I never rode much around home due to little snow. Pharsalia, Tug, Whiskey Pernt were all my spots to ride out of. We'd usually do 200-300 miles a day...I rode with some hard core mileage monsters.

#11 ·
i want a mxz 12004-tec or 800e-tech

#16 ·
ive fiped a seld a few times... only hurts when it on the road =]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.