big three vs elka - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
big three vs elka

what do u guys think is the best bang for the buck a big three or elka stage 2 fronts does the elka make a big difference in handeling and on jumps compared to stock i manely ride pits and mx if that helps any at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 PM

For mx and jumping, my vote is for the Elka's. I ran 10 laps at a local mx track with the stock suspension and paid for it the next 3 days

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #3 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
For mx and jumping, my vote is for the Elka's. I ran 10 laps at a local mx track with the stock suspension and paid for it the next 3 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700Xxrida View Post
what do u guys think is the best bang for the buck a big three or elka stage 2 fronts does the elka make a big difference in handeling and on jumps compared to stock i manely ride pits and mx if that helps any at all.

Stage 2 are a waste of time,money and energy !
Anything you do to the front end will help, kinda a bandaid to BP.

I hate to say it as replacing shocks , taller tires and swaybar will do "Jack Shit" on youre turns ! Unless you change the castor ,
Anyway heres the link , I go .
http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3866

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Really??? That last statement you made Baxter I hate to say is "jack shit"! Once I switched to an aftermarket swaybar and tires I got rid of my front end push and made my turns waaaaaay tighter and faster

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

post #6 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:30 PM

Get the elka's and some of Ed's upper a-arms. The bike has enough power already and your not gonna gain a whole lot with just the big 3. Plus your a pretty light guy so you don't need the extra power like us heavier guys do. The shocks will make your landings softer and the a-arms will allow you to adjust your caster to help get rid of some of the push.
post #7 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm kinda with Bax here......

My vote is an each way bet.....Slip-On, PowerCommander, Stock filter, no lid and Tex Tech upper a-arms.
post #8 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-N-BlackXX View Post
Get the elka's and some of Ed's upper a-arms. The bike has enough power already and your not gonna gain a whole lot with just the big 3. Plus your a pretty light guy so you don't need the extra power like us heavier guys do. The shocks will make your landings softer and the a-arms will allow you to adjust your caster to help get rid of some of the push.
Words of the wise man!

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Definatly do shocks first. I did elka stage 2 up front and Big 3 and wish i would have skipped on exhaust and got the rear shocks re-valved with compression adjustment and teixeira tech upper a-arms and stage 2 up front for about the same price.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #10 of 32 Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
Stage 2 are a waste of time,money and energy !
Anything you do to the front end will help, kinda a bandaid to BP.

I hate to say it as replacing shocks , taller tires and swaybar will do "Jack Shit" on youre turns ! Unless you change the castor ,
Anyway heres the link , I go .
http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf
I'm going with reading Baxter's posts are a waste of time, money and energy. LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode