Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

winter season

6K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  700xxmaniac 
#1 ·
is there any thing to do to the xx for the winter season :confused:

#4 ·
lower rear air psi to 5 and up the front to 10 and put lighter oil...

#5 ·
#9 ·
:nuts::nuts:

upstate n.y
mostly around 0 F, cold nights -20, warm 15
my moms lake house mostly -15, cold nigh -25, warm 10

raptors wont start if it colder than 0:confused:

ohhh and if u dont have snow pants on MAKE SURE UR FLY IS UP:nuts:

#11 ·
wait for the roads to have about 3-6 inches of snow and run the roads all night haha. I always visit friends in the winter when we get a good amount of snow! Just know some short cuts home if the cops come a callin :)

#17 ·
or just take a hard turn and watch as they try to follow:atv:... btw in n.y. the cop ain't allowed to chase ya... but they do anyways..:xx:

#14 ·
I think I went through 10" of soft powder last year

#20 ·
Studding the tires and being on the ice is a total rush. Streams and rivers turn into a new course of thrills. Just watch out for the boat docks.

#21 ·
I have gone through 2-3' of powder, but that was just drifts. The normal was only about 6". With the drifts I could easily go through them as long as I didn't just crawl into them. I would also hit them, crank the bars and she had enough power to slide the back end around in the drift and still keep going. I was quite amazed with how well my stock xx made it through the snow.

#22 ·
dont do 5th gear dounts cause it suck when u get tracktion

#24 ·
uuummmmm sorta.... just gota keep speed up

#25 ·
You don't have to do anything different to it at all. Maybe let a tad or air out in the back, but with it being so cold you would prolly read a pound or two less anyways. I wouldn't recommend studding unless you will be riding on ice, and if you do stud, don't ride on your own yard or driveway. Cars and tractor tires don't like the studs you leave behind haha. I'd either get a set of bark busters w/ plastics or the sleeves that go over the handlebars to put your hands in so they stay warm. Also, insulated undies haha, and be sure you have a heat shield on the exhaust if you are using snow pants. Other than that, just let it warm up to temperature before you start romping on it just like you would your car.

#26 ·
also remember ur pipe is also a good glove heater just dont touch it or ur mealt ur gloves...

#28 ·
well u need to got FAST... soooo....... but they aint bad for ''stocks'' go on raptor stocks or outlaw (older one) stocks.... they ull see what i mean

#29 ·
thgis is what happens when u dont hit a bank hard..... can u see the steps the red house???? =]

#32 ·
The kenda kutters I just got worked much better in the snow then my stockers did last winter. I'm thinking about getting another set and studding them.

#36 · (Edited)
note to all dont stall out doin donuts in 5th wot.... it make ur valve need adjustin reall quick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.