aftermarket info - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aftermarket info

Well I know this has been covered before, so I’m sorry in advance, but I am reposting because I want more specific to my situation answers, I’d like to share my experience, plus all this "at work boredom" I hear about really concerns me for my fellow clubs members well being.

So I just got home from an extended weekend in Tennessee, Windrock/Coal Creek OHV Park in Oliver Springs Tennessee. About 30 minutes from Knoxville. anyway gravel mountain roads, the fact that it was 1030 pm and very dark out compounded by no rain in 2 weeks (which created a absolutely blinding dust cloud in the sun light), and some impaired judgment courteous the liquid courage I was drinking, created a very dangerous cocktail of stupidity that about killed me. one side of the trail we were doing 60 mph down and sliding around the corners, was a rock wall and the other side was anywhere from a slow gradually hill to a 1000 foot sheer mountain drop offs. We have all seen these roads even if only on TV. Thank god I was hugging the high side because when I came out of one of the corners and had to rub some dust out of my eye. When my hand got back to the bar I had tall weeds right in my face and rocks as big as a full sized truck were whipping past me at 40. Before I could even think "oh shit" a rock under the weeds dead stopped my left front tire. Naturally I was thrown and the bike was upside down. I lost the front bumper getting towed back in. back at camp the next morning I discover two bent a-arms, one upper and one lower, a torn ball joint boot a radiator that had a bent inlet tube and was empty. So we got her squared away to ride the rest of the trip (this happened the first night after a 12 hour car ride down). The next day I did a climb on the section known as the stair steps, smoked my clutch well got it started down the path anyway. Right after the hill climb there was no more free play in the lever. And it proceeded to work its way all the way out so it doesn’t engage until the lever is almost completely out. I’m not positive because vie never lost a clutch but I can’t adjust it out at the lever adjustment. And since I can’t adjust it and it changed where it engages in the first place I’m going to guess its going.

So threes the story, here is the questions;
1) I would like to know the best replacements you guys/gals have found for my specific parts.
2) A short review of these parts if you have the time, and
3) Anyone else here ever ride Windrock? It was an amazing park that provides free memories to last a life time...

Oh yeah I was not hurt more than bruises not even a drop of blood. A cool scar would have been a good souvenir but I’m kind of glad I didn’t get that package.

Parts I’m referring to are:
1) Clutch
2) Right side front lower a-arm assembly
3) Right side front upper a-arm ball joint boot
4) Left side front lower a-arm assembly
5) Radiator
6) Front bumper
7) Grab bar

Thanks for reading sorry it was so long and thanks in advance for your help. There will be pics to come

2008 trx700xx
dg steel series nerf bars
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
~If it aint got a wing, you aint got a prayer... RIDE RED!!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM

1... HD clutch kit by Matlock.. as soon as my clutch goes, I'm ordering a kit myself. Baja proven!!
2-4... I say, since you have to replace, might as well upgrade. Houser and TeixeiraTech are great. Or if you want to save some money, I have a set of Laeger's. Can't go wrong with any...
5.... If I'm not mistaken, Duncan has a replacement radiator (PWR i think.. or something like that) Do you need the whole radiator, or just that tube?... Never had experience with it, so can't elaborate much.
6-7.. PRM! Like I said, if you're replacing, might as well upgrade!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I can only help you with 1, 6 and 7. With one, I got the Matlock clutch a while ago. I guess it has been a little over a year ago. Well, when I first put it in I was like WTF, as it was so hard to pull in so I thought I jacked something up, so I tore it all apart again to find nothing wrong what so ever. So everything went back together. It has been stiff ever since, but it has gotten better. Not as easy to pull in as stock, but after talking to Matlock and stuff he said it would probably last a life time for most of the stuff I do. For 6 and 7, I use PRM products. The front and rear bumpers I use are the control ones. They didn't send any rubber gromets for the spacing in the front, and I had to get it rewelded once, looks like it will be a second time, but I can't say it was from normal riding, as I definately have mowed stuff over with it. It is big and beefy, and that is why I got it. Squeak just got one from them and they sent him some grommets (washers) with it and his actually flexes when you grab it. I think they got on the band wagon about it, but I can't remember what bumper he exatly got. For the Grab Bar, I had to grind some of the actual bar off as it wouldn't fit with my FMF Exhaust, and when you look at it, it looks like it was made that way. It is very heavy duty. I welded two cross members in it to carry a small tool bag. If you want, send me your number and I can take a few pics for you. It is also very beefy, and I got it for winter races as the people there don't care if they hit you.

For the radiator, I haven't seen anything aftermarket out there for our bike yet except hoses, so OEM will probably be your best bet, along w/ the ball joint boot, which you could probably get right on Cheapcycleparts. As for the A-arms, besides stock you could get a package from teixiera tech that has adjustments on it. Or you could do Houser. Again, I am not too familiar with them for this machine, so hopefully someone that runs them has some reviews.

Glad you are okay though. I hate those stupid nights LOL.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!

post #4 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
1 matlock clutch
2 if $$$ alows get house or teixerira techs a arm
3 prm font buper
4 prm rear grab bar/2gal fuel tank

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #5 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 PM

less liquid courage.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

sweet thanks for the quick replies ceballos 45 and maniac. i appreciate your time.

45 perfect man that is exactly the respone i was looking for thanks again. ill shoot you a pm with my cell.

ceballos are your laegers stock or +x? and what condition are they in? is it the whole assembly or just the metal?

less liquid courage? lol what a silly notion i like gettin drunk and effin up all my shit...

2008 trx700xx
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
post #7 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 AM

Cesar has +2 laeger a-arms.
I agree with everybody else on the a-arms. Sometimes you can find used stock a-arms on eBay for cheap. Otherwise I would upgrade like Cesar said. I like the Baha 2 bumper from prm.the matlock clutch is a good choice. Maybe try a 13t sprocket for the ruff stuff if you don't already have one. It'll help save your clutch.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.courtney_700xx View Post
and some impaired judgment courteous the liquid courage I was drinking
not sure the laws there, but here in oregon thats a good way to get a DUI. u cant even ride a bicycle here if u have had some drinks or u can get a DUI. They have made it so u cant even drink if u camp on the dunes.

08 Honda 700xx
Installed
11.0:1 CP Piston || +3 Throttle Body by Cuervo Racing || Web 290 Cam
HD Web Valve Springs || Hard Rockers || NGK BKR6EKPB-11 Laser Platinum spark plug
Modquad Air Flow System with K&N Filter || custom mounted trail tech vapor || Modified air box lid
DMC Afterburner full exhaust || EBC Dirt Racer Clutch Kit w/Cuervo Racing springs || PC3
Rear 22" Kenda Kutter XC tires || Rear 22" ITP Sand Star tires

Dyno Tuned by Cuervo Racing @ 53.82rwhp & 44tq
post #9 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
This should help and hope you are OK.

1 clutch - 2 choses Matlock which is an upgrade kit or EBC which is a replacement kit
2/3/4 a-arms - Ebay for oem or aftermarket ones. Teixeira Tech ,Houser,laeger or IMS Roll
5 radiator - PWR and DMC make aftermarket ones . Yamaha of Troy had oem on offer last week.
6/7 easy upgrade ,just choose one to your likin.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britalican View Post
not sure the laws there, but here in oregon thats a good way to get a DUI. u cant even ride a bicycle here if u have had some drinks or u can get a DUI. They have made it so u cant even drink if u camp on the dunes.
i appreciate everyones concern with my "liquid courage" comment but i was on private land and i am over 21 and a free thinking adult who is more than capable of making my own desicions, i am aware of the risk and danger i put myself and anyone around me in. i was not drunk and i am the first one to stop riding when i get to the point i am no longer comfortable especially in a unfamiliar place. not to mention the post is not about if i should have been drinking or not, if you dont mind id like to keep this on topic thank you...

2008 trx700xx
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode