Insurance and registered, neccessary? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Insurance and registered, neccessary?

I recently got insurance on quad since it was 55 for the year and i was wondering if i should register it. I might as well right? Does it make a big difference in letting you ride places? Im always in trails by me so i never thought about it, but my friends recently got stopped and towed because of no ins. and reg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
In California, ALL off road vehicles are required to have an OHV sticker (registered) if used on any public lands... FS, BLM and state OHV parks. My Cal sticker also allows me to ride in other states without needing to get a visitor permit from that state. The fees I pay ($52.00) for 2 years is used to staff, maintain and keep open OHV areas in the state. Your own state may not require your ATV to be registered or have an off road sticker, but most other states do.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 02:19 PM

You shouldn't need to register it unless you plan on riding in national and public land. At least that is how it is here in Arkansas. I don't know how your state is but some may require you to pay sales taxes on your quad before you can register it, that's just hear say though.

I can't tell you about insurance, it's not required here.

Stock 08 TRX700XX

post #4 of 4 Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 PM

If I had bought mine in state, I would have had to pay a state sales tax. Bought it out of state and no out of state or in state sales tax. Just $33 to get a title. Off road permit is $8. Many states will accept your home state off road permit but some are beginning to move away from that. Colorado went to that a couple of years ago. Any non resident must buy their off road permit. $25.25 this past summer. Good for one year from date of purchase. It's all about money. My state has a permit but very little public land and only a few places you can ride where you need one. Not required on private land.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode