Should MLB use instant replay? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
View Poll Results: Should MLB try an instant replay system like the NFL?
Yes 7 50.00%
No 4 28.57%
Don't care either way 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Should MLB use instant replay?

Should MLB use instant replay like the NFL?

The actual how it would be applied and work would be decided later. The only question I'm asking is: Should an instant replay system be tried?

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i hate baseball, but yes... i think all sports should... very critical, especially for some of the close calls i've personally seen... i'd like to see it in soccer!
post #3 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Yes, its not fair to either team IMO

Stock 08 TRX700XX

post #4 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 03:56 PM

I put I don't care. I'm not a mlb fan so I remain neutral. I do think in real time being any type of ref/ump etc.. It would be beneficial to be slow things down to see exactly what happened. I have seen plenty of times where I think they called out when runner was safe. But not my problem, football is another story, I love the coaches having option of challenging. The guys call better knowing they can be checked.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Should MLB use instant replay like the NFL?

The actual how it would be applied and work would be decided later. The only question I'm asking is: Should an instant replay system be tried?

roadkill
No, the games are too long already.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 Old 10-23-2010, 07:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I'm not a huge Pro Sports enthusiast b/c 99% of the players do it for a pay check now, not for the love of the game. They never had them back in the day, so why now? Then again, if an ump or ref screws up a play and the whole US sees it, they should do a replay of it. Kind of like the perfect game the kid pitched until the 9th inning when the ump screwed him a few months ago. IDK, it is just all ridiculous anyway. If you get instant replays then more players will be fighting w/ the umps for being dumb and this and that.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #7 of 10 Old 10-24-2010, 07:16 AM

Yes. Because I'm a Detroit Tiger's supporter and I dont like getting screwed by bad calls...
post #8 of 10 Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I liked reading ALL your opinions on the subject. Two recent calls during the playoffs went in favor of my own team... BUT, they were wrong and wrong is wrong. Giants vs Atlanta
1. Buster Posey was called safe at 2nd and he was out by a mile.
2. Atlanta runner called out at 1st even though the first baseman's foot had come off the bag.

This being said... MLB is different than the NFL and something that works for the NFL may not work for MLB.
Example: If a coach challenges a call in the NFL and looses, the team looses one of it's time outs... You can't do that with MLB. You have to have something to put at risk if a MLB manager challenges a call.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #9 of 10 Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Deceit and misdirection towards the umps by the players is part of the game. No replay for me.

KASH 2011
post #10 of 10 Old 10-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Any time they have a referee, umpire or something else , then "Yes"

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode