Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

im done riding for awhile....

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  08hondatrx700xx 
#1 ·
well its been year since ive been out of work. ive been on workmans comp this whole time. a little more then a year ago i severed my akillies tendon on a piece of metal. it was a clean cut. it felt like a a rubberband snapped in my leg and my leg completely gave out. ive had a total of 3 surgerys just on my foot. thats not including the surgerys i had to get done when i caught mursa from going to the dr office. my dr told me recently that i can return to do what i used to do like playing basketball and riding and so on. my dr gave me a cordazone shot in my left foot last friday. when he did this he hit some nerves and caused a shocking feeling on the side of my foot. i cant even walk without the shocking feeling. ive been tring to see the dr all this past week but his wife went into labor so he wasnt in the office. so between the nerves being messed up and my foot hurting when im done riding im done...it sucks but it is what it is.:disgust: i hope i will be able to ride again soon. and believe me...my lawyer is having a field day because i do physical work and im on my feet anywhere from 8-10 hrs a day and i may never be able to go back to work doing what i used to do. theres no such thing as light duty at pepsi/canada dry. my dr has been tring to send me back to work on light duty and my boss wont take me back until im able to do full duties. im still going through physical theropy 3 days a week. when it rains or is damp or cold out its so uncomfortable. but i guess i will just see what happens.

this was my 3rd surgery back in febuary

See less See more
#2 ·
owch

#3 ·
I blew mine out while playing indoor volleyball, people could hear it pop in the stands. Coming out of surgery was the worst part of if after they re-attached it.

I was playing sand volleyball within two months as soon as I got my cam-boot. Granted, I wasn't jumping off of my left leg, or using my left calf, but if I had a quad I would have been riding it. :)

#4 ·
mine was a clean cut. if i sit to long it gets stiff. i still get muscle cramps. ive always seen movies were people get there akillies tendon cut. i always has a fear of it happening to me then it happened. i got an infection (mursa) and that put me back for a while. its not fun. i wouldnt wish this on my worse enemy. i didnt start walking on my own until almost march. i still cant walk long distances now or stand for two long with out it hurting or starting to cramp

#5 ·
by bro hade my polaris 700 fall on his leg...

#8 ·
thanks man, im hoping to be back out soon. i gotta be careful because my lawyer told me that my workmans comp could have people out watching me with out me knowing since i have a lawsuit pending against them. kept in touch. i can still go out but i cant ride. even though its gonna be tempting.

#9 ·
mine feels like someone is constantly stabbing me in my heal!!! the colder and damper it gets the worse it feels. last summer we got 6 or 7' of snow which is a lot for us and it was the worst. sometimes i wake up in the middle on the night because i get charlie horses in my calf and my foot cramps up. ive been taking muscle relaxers and different types on meds for the discomfort. lately ive been tring lcy hot and thats not working.

#11 ·
i have about a 8" long scar on the back of my leg were the dr had to stretch the tendon and reconnect it. i had inturnal (sp) stitches. when i got the infection the dr took them out. when it happen that next day i was looking at were i was cut and i seen a little knot were it curled up. i had about 18 stitches each time i had surgery. my dr told me it wont ever be the same again. i lost about 10 degree of movement from what my theropist said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.