Say it isn't so !!!!! - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Say it isn't so !!!!!

I heard a rumor from a local honda dealer that honda has discontinued the TRX700XX. Is this true? I don't want to hear speculation, I have my own opinions of what honda will or will not do. I just want facts. Sorry if I seem blunt but, I really want to know if this is for real. I like my 700 but, If it is obsolete I may consider unloading it before I get stuck with a machine I will have a hard time getting parts for.

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"KEEP EM' STOCK, KEEP EM' LONGER!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can't confirm or deny the rumor, but I know the LAST place I would rely on for accurate info is my local Honda dealer. I think my 80 year old grandmother knows more about the Honda product line then them. Who knows, maybe this dealer does have some good info. I will only believe it though when I hear it from Honda.

I would be willing to bet that there will not be a 2011 700XX either, but I don't believe Honda spent all the time and money to develop this quad just to produce it for two years. I believe it will return, the question is when.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #3 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

I feel the same about dealer info. but, he has me a little shaken. I beleive Honda may drasticly change the 700. such as solid rear axle. That is just my opinion. I don't think they will completely abandon the idea. But the way they sold the over-stocked 08's, They can't be happy with the 700 debue. I know the msrp was 9 thousand something and i bought mine for $4500.00.

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I have contacted Honda UK about this and basically Honda Japan is keeping very tight lipped about the 2011 line up. The only sports quad in the UK 2011 line up is the TRX90.
I have not heard of a big launch or any press about the line up so it could go both ways. New 450r EFI or no sports quads at all.
I would wait till Jan 2011 before I start panicing.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Not panicing yet. I like my 700 too much to get rid of it on a hunch. Even if they do stop the 700's, I'm going to keep a hold on it till i try to buy a oil filter and they tell me they have to order it.

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

post #6 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM

How could they? Those desert racer's are dominating with this bike! I think it'll come back and badder then before!
post #7 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 10:05 PM

When i bought mine the dealer said the econemy is bad for sport quads and honda and other companies will produce very little if any for 2011, and the 700xx and the goldwing will not be produced this coming year not discontinued
post #8 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 PM

i think when the united state economy picks up we will see new quads again if the xx had of been two years earlier it would of sold no worrys no one is wanting to buy quads when work is so unstable i was told that the usa market makes up 80% percent of the whole market
post #9 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM

Honda surely has a bad taste in their mouth over selling so many so cheap, but at the same time I saw a lot of other brands at steep discounts as well. Chalk it up to the economy. The one positive thing that happened is that they got a whole crap load of machines out there into the hands of riders. There is quite a following now. Even though the machine has a few problems, the fixes are coming along nicely. It is a hell of a machine and the IRS does make it a cadilliac. I'm still trying not to take it for granted that when rough trail riding, I don't give a second thought to bottoming out or dodging rocks...or how much my kidneys hurt at the end of the day...so easy to forget what a pain in the azz it was with my last SRA. Now I concentrate on hitting that next turn, or nailing the next jump...I don't worry any about that crap anymore...
From a business standpoint, I guess Honda would have justification to go either way, however, if anyone at Honda is following the consumer viewpoint, I think they would choose to ride it out a bit longer...

FMF factory 4.1 & Powerbomb
FMF programmer
13 tooth front
Moose bumper
Uni Filter
Custom sway bar mod

This is a free country and I have the permits, licenses, stamps, tags, stickers, background checks and tax receipts to prove it!
post #10 of 35 Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There are a bunch of people out there waiting for all sorts of new Honda releases.

Look for an early 2012 release maybe as early as the third week of Feb 2011.

hmmmmmm.......third week of Feb 2011? of course thats just a guess as I know nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode