First Taste of Honda Warranty - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Taste of Honda Warranty

I only have about 3 hours on mine. I noticed a few days ago that when the key was on, the brake light was on. Called a local dealer and he said to drop it by and they would take a look at it. Took it by today and they looked at it while in the truck. The first thing the mechanic said when he looked at the rear adjustment was "it looks like something has hit it". He said part may have to be ordered but didn't think the warranty would cover it. I asked him to just see if it was out of adjustmant. He turned the knob a few turns and all was well. Works like it is supposed to now. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come if I have more problems, large or small.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 TRX 700xx
'07 Yamaha 660 Rhino Sport - Turbocharged
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
dont trust anythin that the dealer says..they just want ur $

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #3 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Haha, thanks for the info. My brake light is on all the time too. Adjustments will be made manana

post #4 of 10 Old 11-19-2010, 06:21 PM

My brake light was doing the same thing. It was a simple fix though. There is a switch that triggers the light right beside your right foot. If you hit that with your foot it can bend causing the switch to stay on all the time. All i did was bend it back with some plyers and take the tension off of the spring and it was fixed.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Yeah, don't confuse the Honda Warranty" with your dealer thinking it would be easier to get money from you than making a claim with Honda.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't see how this is a warranty issue? A waranty is to protect you in case of a manufacturer's defect. I don't see how this was a defect. "Adjustments" are not defects, this is regular service. If you expect a warranty to cover stuff like this, you will be disappointed, you should have purchased some type of service plan.

Just as a side, the first thing I did when I got home with my 700XX is remove the rear brake light switch, they always require adjustment. I fought the ones on my 450R's for a while untill I figured why do I need this, I don't need brake lights, it a quad ridden offroad.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #7 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

The point I was trying to make was that the first thing out of their mouth was that I must have caused it by running over something. Seems to be several examples on this board where the warranty was denied by blaming it on the owner. If I have a major issue during the warranty period, I expect the manufacturer to be accountable also. An example of this not happening was with the '01-'03 Raptors. They had a known problem with the second gear. They were failing left and right but Yamaha would not own up to it. Some were out for about $1200+. Yamaha's stance was that it was owner caused.

'08 TRX 700xx
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 01:45 PM

It really boils down to the individual dealer - just ask around. I had a good one in Austin and a good one here in Bartlesville. In Dallas they were garbage.

The dealer techs don't even work for Honda, they work for the franchisee and then the franchisee has to make a claim against Honda. Heck if I were a business owner I would rather pay my guys to work than to fill out warranty claim paperwork. People follow the path of least resistance and items like this seem to go that route.

When I went in to get a torn CV boot replaced I went in with both my copy of my extended warranty and my Honda warranty. I let them know up front that I didn't tear this on a limb or something and that I expected ONE of the warranty's to cover it. I was ready to fight too, but didn't need to.

Mine is starting to smoke a little, but when it comes down to that I think that my fight would be futile and wasted time, so I would prolly just do the work myself.

It's my opinion that they, should have covered that though. I have never had an issue with that.

Just my $.02.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Hi Scuzz. I bought mine in Bartlesville even though I live in the Dallas area. This is the second bike I have bought from them and have always been treated well. I tried to buy one of these '08 left overs from a well know dealer here. They had a price on it of $4399. When they got to the bottome liine, they wanted $6850 and my Raptor. Paid $4399 + $11 for a total of $4410 loaded into my truck. The same dealer tried to do me that way when I bought my other Rincon back in '04. That is when I found the one in Bartlesville, Ok. Good guys to deal with. Well worth the 600 mile round trip to me.

'08 TRX 700xx
'01 Raptor 660- Sold.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-22-2010, 02:22 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode