rc vehicles (for grown-ups) question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rc vehicles (for grown-ups) question

i been kickin around the idea of buying one of these things. but the only experience i have had with them was when i was like 14 (12 years ago) my dad had a friend who had one, it was one you assembled yourself it was a monster truck lookin thing that was nitro powered. any way on its maiden voyage he ran it through a water puddle and it fried some servos and quit running. before i even got a chance to drive it. so my questions are as follows...
1)are they a little more durable or better protected from this type of damage now?
2) as with anything else there is always better brands as well ass expensive brands. then there is the brands in the middle that are of good quality and a reasonable price. what are these brands?
3) is redcat a good brand specdificly this model?
http://cgi.ebay.com/AVALANCHE-XP-1-8...item5ada7f6d45

thanks in advance for your time and knowledge. and if there is anything else you can think of i didnt ask please feel free to bring it up!!!

2008 trx700xx
dg steel series nerf bars
13t renthal
3D powertip
razrs on her feet
~If it aint got a wing, you aint got a prayer... RIDE RED!!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
i have 3 a gst 7.7 (the best), a traxxis t max (pos),, and a losi idk what kind.. it has a good 3.5 engine... but if u getin back in to r/c id get a traxxis revo they beak alot but u can just get aft maket parts as u go.. they come with everything but nitro...

my gst came with great servos.. they lasted almost a year,,(thats great for stockers), now it has hitech servos..i need a new head for the engine ($20).

ill sell it to ya for 200$ thats after i fix the head

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #3 of 14 Old 11-22-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm not an expert on these things , by any means but, Traxxas makes some nice entry level nitro rc's. I have a rustler , which is a two wheel drive dune buggy. And I also have two four wheel drive T-MAX's. The T-MAX is an exellent rc. very durable, many, many aftermarket parts, and very fast. Just like any feul burning engine, though, you really shouldn't run them through water. I have hit a few small puddles with mine and have had no issues.But, still, I try to avoid it.I have had mine for quite a while, but i don't think the price has changed much. I paid around $500 each for the truck plus the necisary accesories such as feul bottle, spare glow plugs,and a few minor parts. There is really no limit to modifications , just like a car or quad. It's very easy to get carried away. so, good luck and have fun.

2008 honda700xx
2007 honda250ex(wifes)
2009 FORD F150 supercab

"KEEP EM' STOCK, KEEP EM' LONGER!!!

post #4 of 14 Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 PM

the traxxis revo comes with everything u need but fuel.. it a good entry just like ever traxxis.. traxxis not as well build as otheres like cen racing, hpi, team associaded, or losi..

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
-sct 100hp tune

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

post #5 of 14 Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
post #6 of 14 Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM

i totally scored! ive been looking at these for about a week or so too but was a little shocked by the price. or buddy that is staying with us was like hey i have one in storage you can have. not sure which one it is but hey its free

ENGINE:(57.87HP-LTP DYNO)12:1CP,STAGE 3 HOT CAM, PORT/POLISHED HEAD,HDD +3 TB, DMC AFTERBURNER FULL EXHAUST,PCV,MODQUAD K&N FILTER/MODIFIED AIR BOX,13T
SUSPENSION:ELKA STAGE 3 REAR STAGE 3 FRONT/HOUSER ARMS,L8TON SWAY BAR
ITP T-9 PROSERIES SKAT~TRACK EXTREAM HAULERS/MOHAWKS,RAZR/RAZR 2
ARMOR:PRO ARMOR FAT PEG NERF BARS
PRO ARMOR DOMINATOR FRONT BUMPER,PRM DESERT GRAB BAR,PRM FULL UNDER SKIDS,X-POSED SHOCK COVERS
CONTROL:PROTAPER EVO BARS,ODI GRIPS,TRAIL TECH HI-RISE BAR CLAMP,ALBA STEERING STABILIZER
LIGHTING:HID CONVERSION/LED ACCENT LIGHTS
LOOKS: AMR GRAPGICS/MAIER PLASTICS
post #7 of 14 Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM

the big one is the gst and the buggy is the losi.. and in the blurry pic there a uni for my xx by the gst
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gst2.jpg (82.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg gst3.jpg (57.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg gst.jpg (87.2 KB, 22 views)

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
-sct 100hp tune

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

post #8 of 14 Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM

any of the traxxas vehicles with blue servos is waterproof.

i never had the urge to do that, my chit gets dirty enough without the puddles.

i have a losi aftershock, a team associated SC8, losi mini rock crawler, losi strike, um....a traxxas slayer that is on its way to a new home any day...im sure im forgetting something i have had the bug since i was about 8 (25 yrs ago) cool stuff!! keeps me out of trouble...most times...

08 700xx
05 Ruckus
04 450r
86 Fat Cat
86 350x
81 250r
72 CB100

post #9 of 14 Old 11-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
only ones i have ran is traxxas ive had the nitro v boat, rustler truck, two different tmaxxes, and a monster buggy with 43 cc two stroke engine.
a place to compare going prices is www.rcuniverse.com i have done lots of trading on there. i had a .18 tmaxx and rand in heavy snow and ice and had a blast till the front bulk heads broke after a hard curb jump.

you smell something burning? oh never mind its just me.
09 honda rincon
08 700xx
post #10 of 14 Old 11-28-2010, 01:00 PM

you might also look into the traxxas e-maxx cause it is water proof you can drive it through puddles and stuff like that so I don't think that the snow would hurt it it's the electric version of the t-maxx if you get the e-maxx get the brushless version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode