Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

wheel question

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  scuzz 
#1 ·
will the road salt that they put on the roads in the winter hurt or ruin the clear coat on my itp wheels if I ride my quad on the snow packed roads? thanks

#3 ·
I have to add something here... Road salt should be washed off the whole quad... in this case salt on the wheels would be the least of your problems. Salt in ANY form ( road salt, sea salt) is not good to leave on your quad... unless you want your quad to rust before your very eyes.

roadkill

#7 ·
I ride quads on the roads all the time in NY in the winter, it is fun when there is a state of emergency to go and do donuts around a state trooper car. Anyway, if you do it, just get used to taking the plastics off and washing everything down, then dry it some how (air compressor) and wash it again. It can get tedious, but it is so much fun.

#9 ·
There are lots and lots of holes on the frame. Look at the two uprights on the back of the frame. You'll see two 1/4 inch holes I would spray a LOT of WD40 or something like that in their prior to riding and after I washed it.

The underside of the frame has a few spots in teh front that hole mud and whatnot - pay special attention to those too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.