wheel question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wheel question

will the road salt that they put on the roads in the winter hurt or ruin the clear coat on my itp wheels if I ride my quad on the snow packed roads? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-28-2010, 02:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
Just wash it off after every ride.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-29-2010, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLivez2Go View Post
Just wash it off after every ride.
I have to add something here... Road salt should be washed off the whole quad... in this case salt on the wheels would be the least of your problems. Salt in ANY form ( road salt, sea salt) is not good to leave on your quad... unless you want your quad to rust before your very eyes.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #4 of 9 Old 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Salt will kill anything Al or steel....don't do it....even if you wash it you won't get everyting off and it will corrode BAD
post #5 of 9 Old 11-29-2010, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0861 View Post
Salt will kill anything Al or steel....don't do it....even if you wash it you won't get everyting off and it will corrode BAD
And then some . Thats why I dont race beachcross in the UK.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
And then some . Thats why I dont race beachcross in the UK.
One of the places I ride is Pismo Beach... The dunes are inland from the beach and are dry sand. But since the sand was blown in from the beach, it has loads of salt locked up in it. That salt is released when there is moisture... I very seldom use a pressure washer on my quad... except after riding at Pismo. Too much fricking fun to ride there, so I do the best job I can with the clean up.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters

post #7 of 9 Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I ride quads on the roads all the time in NY in the winter, it is fun when there is a state of emergency to go and do donuts around a state trooper car. Anyway, if you do it, just get used to taking the plastics off and washing everything down, then dry it some how (air compressor) and wash it again. It can get tedious, but it is so much fun.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 9 Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

yeah It was a blast riding my 250ex on the snow covered roads. I loved it and can't wait till I get to ride my 700xx on a snow covered road before they plow and salt it.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
There are lots and lots of holes on the frame. Look at the two uprights on the back of the frame. You'll see two 1/4 inch holes I would spray a LOT of WD40 or something like that in their prior to riding and after I washed it.

The underside of the frame has a few spots in teh front that hole mud and whatnot - pay special attention to those too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode