Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

The wait will kill me!!!

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Crash21 
#1 ·
I just found out the the injury I got from my car accident the other month is a torn rotator cuff! I need surgery and at least 6 months recovery time!! I just got my engine back together with my cam and cp piston and never got to ride it yet! Now it looks like it will not happen till almost June!

#2 ·
its all up to you... they say 6 do it in 3 and be the poster child for rotator cuff recovery :) I have faith in you!

I have my surgery on the 22nd for my ACL replacement...so I feel your pain!

#3 ·
I know how you feel i just started riding again off for 3 1/2 months. Factured tibia at the knee!!

#4 ·
Sorry to hear that, I have had 3 shoulder surgeries. 1 for dislocation and 2 for rotator cuff. 6 mo is minimum don't rush it or you get to do it over again. For me 1 year before I am not afraid to re-injure it and almost 2 years before I am back to full strength at the gym, but I am old. Do the rehab it really helps.

#5 ·
im 26 so hopefully it goes smooth. I think when rehab starts it will be 3 times a week but they said that wont be till 6 weeks or so after the surgery.

In the mean time I may have to get Scott, xx700xx to take it out once so he can tell me the difference between the big 3 and that. It is just soooo hard because this was the 2nd time the engine was apart in 10 months and while it wasnt right at the time, (I was blowing smoke and I think I had a slight compression loss) I added the big 3 then did the cam and piston. So I will be going from something that wasnt even feeling as powerful as it could stock to having everything done!

#6 ·
26 you should heal faster than I do. I have had the rehab after 6 weeks and I have had it start a few days after surgery. The sooner was better, but you have to have people that know what they are doing. I have met people in rehab that got re injured by staff (at another facility) that didn't know what they were doing. You shouldn't be doing anything with resistance for the first few visits.

At least if any bugs come up when your friend rides your XX you can get it handled before you are back in the saddle.

#7 ·
Crash, I had my 3rd shoulder surgery about 6 months ago, it's feeling much better now but you can't rush it. My first surgery didn't take (retarted doctor) my second surgery I bent one of the screws inserted to stabilize it (my bad) and after this surgery I took 3 months off work to let it recover. I can't stress enough that you need to let it heal despite the urges to go out and get back to life. I'm 28 so I know how you feel about body healing fast but it's not worth re-injuring yourself for a little bit of fun. good luck waiting though, it's like a recovering crack addict living in a crack house not able to smoke it lol.

#9 ·
Good luck, I hope everything goes good and you’re back on your bike soon.

#10 ·
Good luck crash, its a wonderful Surgery.

#13 ·
Yeah my dad just had shoulder surgery and he said some of the stuff they gave him made him hallucinate. Dagirl, they said it will be atleast 6 months from the date of the surgery till I can work again. And that's if everything goes right

#14 ·
HOLY CRAP 6 months... wow what are you going to do?? I don;t think I could handle that...I am flipping bout 2 weeks :( we should start an entertain crash21 thread for you :)
I dont know what they do for pain after your surgery but I was told to ask for a block so I could get home and settled in before the pain...good thing someone told me they don't do it unless you ask...

#15 ·
I will remember that. I've been off for 1 1/2 months already and I'm going nuts. Already bored with video games for the most part. I may go nuts, or broke because I keep looking at parts and stuff to buy lol

#16 ·
I just got netflix because they do movies on demand thru my wii since I wont be able to crap for 2 weeks...still can't image 6...can you atleast get around and drive? you need to resist the buying 6 more weeks of that you could be in truoble lmao :)

#17 ·
Not 6 more weeks.... 6 more months! I was thinking about Netflix too. I can get it right through my XBox. I can drive after a month or so I think

#18 ·
still having trouble digesting 6 months... note to self never need rotator cuff surgery... :(
never played x box... but 1st month is free!

#21 ·
Glad to hear everything went well. I hope your recovery goes well so you can get back on your quad and enjoy your new mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.