post #1 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Warrior Dash - who's doing it?

I am!

http://warriordash.com/index.php

What the hell is Warrior Dash?
Warrior Dash is the ultimate event for thrill-seeking athletes. This running series is held on some of the nation's most demanding and unique terrain. Participants will conquer extreme obstacles and celebrate their feat with music, beer, warrior helmets and muddy shorts.
What do I get?

1. Free beer.*
  2. Fuzzy warrior helmet (pictured).
  3. Bad-ass Warrior Dash t-shirt (pictured).
  4. Custom Warrior finisher medal (pictured).
  5. Live music.
  6. Post-race granola bars & bananas and water.
  7. The pride that comes along with being a Warrior.
  8. Warrior race bib.
  9. Steel warrior helmet age division prizes.
  10. The craziest frickin’ day of your life.
*One beer is included for each participant who is 21 years or older. Be responsible - do not drink and drive.

Additional beer, clothing, merchandise and food items (think turkey legs, corn on the cob, etc) will be available for purchase on race day.

What should I bring?
  • Your photo ID (required at packet pick-up).
  • A change of clothes.
  • Guts.
  • An initialed, signed, and dated copy of the participant waiver. This is optional, but will greatly help save some time in line! Click here to download.

What should I wear?
There’s no way around it – you’ll be filthy when you finish. Wear clothes or a costume you don’t mind getting dirty. We highly recommend good, solid running shoes too. There will be hoses to rinse off after the race, but we'd also recommend a towel or garbage bag to sit on for the drive home!

I want to wear a crazy costume / run barefoot / etc.?
You're good to go, as long as your costume or running shoes do not harm other participants. Keep in mind you will need to affix your chip timer to your foot (they work best attached to shoes, but zip ties will also be available at packet pick-up!)

I’m not in good shape. Can I do this?
Finishing Warrior Dash is more about mental toughness than being in great shape.

Is Warrior Dash safe?
There’s certainly risk involved in Warrior Dash, but we take every precaution possible to get you to the finish line safely. There will be paramedics and an ambulance on site in case of an emergency. You enter Warrior Dash at your own risk.

What divisions are there?

Warrior Dash has the following divisions for men and women:

14-19
20-24
25-29
30-34
35-39
40-44

45-49
50-54
55-59
60-64
65-69
70+

Please note every wave will consist of people from every age division. You may register for any available wave regardless of you age. Just choose the time you'd prefer to race!

When is the post-race party?
Beer will be served from 30 minutes after the start of the first wave until three hours after the start of the final wave.

Music will be playing from a couple hours before the start of the first wave until three hours after the start of the final wave.

1/29/2011 - Florida
12 Feb 2011 - Australia
3/5/2011 - Louisiana
3/19 & 3/20/2011 - East Texas
4/2 & 4/3/2011 - SoCal
4/16 & 4/17/2011 - North Texas
4/30/2011 - Arizona
5/14 & 5/15/2011 - Georgia
5/21 & 5/22/2011 - Maryland
6/4/2011 - Ohio
6/11 & 6/12/2011 - Pennsylvania
7/23/2011 - Minnesota
8/13 & 8/14/2011 - New York
8/20 & 8/21/2011 - Rockies
9/10 & 9/11/2011 - Oregon
9/17 & 9/18/2011 - Upper Midwest
10/29 & 10/30/2011 - NorCal
More locations coming soon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

How does (insert obstacle here) work? Will (insert obstacle here) be scary / too difficult / dangerous?
What you see is what you get until race day. Click on your region’s page for a detailed map of your battleground course.

I can't swim. Can I participate in Warrior Dash?
Absolutely. You aren't required to swim in any race. Any body of water you'll be traveling through is only three to four feet deep.

What if it rains?
Better yet.

Will there be a water along the way?
Yes. There will be one water station at the half-way point on the course to keep you hydrated on your journey!

How long is the course?
The Warrior Dash courses range from three to four miles depending on your region.

OMG – this is so awesome. Could you pretty please come to my area?
Keep an eye out for an expanded 2011 schedule.

Can we compete with teams?
There’s no team division, but you’re welcome to Dash with some friends to help you through the obstacles.

Why do we get warrior helmets?
They’re awesome.

How do I train for Warrior Dash?
1. Day one: run as far as you can. Go home. Day two: do the same thing.
2. Find the dirtiest pond in your neighborhood and snorkel in it - in your slippers, without goggles.
3. Practice your climbing and crawling skills at your local jungle gym. Ignore the small children and parental glares.
4. Do not shower or shave for weeks in order to obtain a true Warrior look.

Seriously though, your best bet is to do plenty of running leading up to the race.

What’s chip timing?
A chip is a miniature transponder in a specially designed housing, marked with a unique identification number corresponding to each Warrior. When participants pass the electronic equipment at the start and finish, your time is automatically recorded.

How can I volunteer?
Please email us at [email protected].

I'm terrified of a specific obstacle. Can I still participate?
You're expected to complete all obstacles. If you're unable to complete an obstacle you may bypass the obstacle, although you'll be disqualified from all prizes.

I'm in a band and we rock. How can we play at Warrior Dash?
Please email us at [email protected] approximately four months before the event in which you'd like to play.

What’s the definition of a warrior?
According to the Random House dictionary, warrior means "a person who shows or has shown great vigor, courage, or aggressiveness, as in politics or athletics."

Can I get a refund? Can I transfer my registration?
Sorry, no refunds under any circumstances. You are allowed to transfer your registration until the modification deadline (Check your region's page for the deadline). Simply fill out our form under the contact us page with the following information before the deadline:
  • Name of participant who is being replaced
  • New participant's name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, birthday, gender, and t-shirt size

Are there showers available after the challenge?
There will be a fire truck and hoses to help spray you down, but stay home if you don’t like getting dirty.

I think my company would be a great fit as a Warrior Dash sponsor. How do I make this happen?
Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss sponsorship opportunities.

How did you think of this insane race?
Warrior Dash was inspired by several competitions – Navy SEALs training, American Gladiators, Eco-Challenge and Ironman.

Most races do (blank). Why doesn’t Warrior Dash do it that way?
Warrior Dash is not most races. Warrior Dash does what Warrior Dash wants to do.

Do you accept mail-in entries?
Sorry Charlie - online entries only.

Can I bring my dog?
Your dog can enter the spectator area, but is not allowed on the course. All dogs must be on a leash and their owner is responsible for cleaning up after them.

What is packet pick-up?
Packet pick-up is where all participants must "check in" and pick up their packet. Your packet includes your race bib with safety pins, your chip timer, your t-shirt, your warrior helmet, and any extra helmets or eye black that you may have purchased.

Please bring the following with you to packet pick-up:
  • Your photo ID (required at packet pick-up).
  • An initialed, signed, and dated copy of the participant waiver. This is optional, but will greatly help save some time in line! Click here to download. Copies will also be available to sign at packet pick-up.

Can I pick up my friend's packet?
Yes, but you will need the following three items:
  • A copy of your friend's photo i.d.
  • A signed letter from your friend stating that you are allowed to pick up their packet.
  • A signed copy of the participant waiver. Click here to download.
Race packets and materials must be picked up on-site. They will not be shipped to participants.

Can my kid compete?
Warrior Dash is only open to participants 14 years old and older.

For any participant under 18 years old on race day, your parent or guardian must be present during packet pick-up to sign a waiver and release for you. If your parent is unable to be present at packet pick-up to sign the waiver, please click here to download the waiver.

I have a different question. How do I find the answer?
Shout to us with our contact form.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was totally interested till I realized it was my body doing the work and not quad related

08' TRX700xx - Red n' Black
Big Gun EVO r Exhaust
Uni Filter, L8ton Racing 9/16" Sway Bar
DG V-Lite Bumper. Trimmed Fenders
22" Kenda Kutters all around (dirt)

00' CR250rintintin
FMF Gnarly / Turbine Core 2 Exhaust

post #4 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
I would have a heart attack right out the gate.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 03:03 PM

Me and a large group of friends are doing this. Located in MD. Im getting back into the gym to get into better shape to do the best that I can.

07 civic si, go fast parts and sit low suspension
08 700xx: Alba nerf bars (black), Tusk Grip heaters, Odi Rouge Grips, Tusk Hand Guards, Pro Taper Contour Mid bend bars (black), Trail Tech bar mount, Barker Full exhaust with Quiet Core, Billet Gas Cap, PRM Desert II Bumper, EHS EFI.
post #6 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Um, no.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #8 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLivez2Go View Post
I would have a heart attack right out the gate.
thats what my dad said when he tried my xx hes 65 lol

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #9 of 18 Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to dagirl71
yeah dirt run(same concept) in Oct is how I tore my ACL and damaged my meniscus and mcl! So best of luck to you all! I have my surgery on the 22nd...I am getting a new acl for xmas this year...oh yeah from a dead guy I hope he was more athletic than me...LMAO

but next year I am going to kick its arse

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Da Girl
Quit your whining get out and ride

When you strive to be like someone all you end up being is a good copy of a great original!!!Be your own GREAT ORIGINAL!!!
post #10 of 18 Old 12-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I will probably go... just to watch and take pics. Seems that the last date is close by for me.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode