utility in awe stories - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-18-2010, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
utility in awe stories

I love it when we find a group of utilities around camp that look at our race bikes and think we will be stuck at the base of the mountain and the look on thier face when they finally get to the top to find us already there is priceless

I know there are some good stories out there like this lets hear them

I havent found anywhere the 700 couldnt go that my 660 grizz could except maybe 4" deeper water
yeah I had to take a different approach (Usually more speed) but the end result is always the same
however I have found several places my 700 could go the grizz just couldnt make I could usually find a way around it yes the end result was the same but the route had to be altered

ok back to the stories
ok a guy on a sport quad was watching several guys on big utilities all with snorkle systems going through a huge mud hole with water over the plastic. he decides to shake things up " I bet you 20 bucks I can get accross that hole" the utility guys had to see this and agree so the guy takes off. the utility guys think he left knowing he couldnt make it when all the suden he flies past and skims the hole. naturally the utility guys were upset because they new they had been fooled. after arguing for several min they finally give up the 20 bucks

08 trx700xx lot's O mod's
08 ktm 525xc modded
08 yamaha 450 lightly modded
05 grizzly 660SE (sold)
11 rzr s (sold) and missed

sponsors:
Manford Auto Supply (NAPA)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Teixeira Tech:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L8aton Racing:

Fox Racing:

powermadd:

WAR doesn't determine who's right just who's left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM

My dad was on his sportsman 850 and me on my xx when we came to a swampy area. I went first and just barley made it while rocking back and forth. Then my dad went in 4X4 and got stuck. He had to back up and do it again and finally made it through. Just shows you don't need a utility quad to go through some mud.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850
post #3 of 3 Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I'd rode utility bikes my whole life, and I bought the XX specifically because I was bored with them and wanted something that would be more of a challenge. I've gone handlebars deep crossing a river (not advisable without a snorkel!) while all my buddies and there ut's stood on the bank looking for another way. haha Plus now when we come to big ass hills and sand pits I get to rip around them while everyone else looks on with jealousy.

Black 700XX "Blitzkrieg"

12t Sprocket
Pro Armor Full Chassis Skid
ITP T-9 Pro Wheels
22x11x10 Swamp Lites
Big Ugly Snorkel Out Back
DIY A-Arm Guards
DIY Removable Back Rack
DIY 1750lbs Winch + Push Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode