My local honda... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pissed My local honda...

IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!! I really can't believe how stupid their parts department is. So I order a piston, pin, and new 14t front sprocket. Call them up about 2 weeks ago ask if my parts are in they say yes. I go over there and they ordered me rings instead of a piston and the sprocket wasn't even there. So I tell them piston not rings, ok he says it's on the way.

Well I go over today after calling and they say my parts are in. Get there and they all seem to be there. Drive home and thinks to myself they're pretty stupid I better check my parts and numbers. So the piston turned out to be for a foreman 500, like seriously how do you order a foreman 500 piston when I clearly said 700xx. Then I look at the sprocket and it's a 13t totally not what I asked for.

So I went over there ready to expload but a guy I know happened to be working the counter when I got there and I didn't wanna go off on him so I just let him know I was really pissed rather than getting ready to hop over the counter for some face smashing. Sorry for long post I just had to vent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Why are you ordering a Honda piston?

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #3 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Cause it was the only 10:1 piston I could find, I looked at cp website they only do 11:1 and I don't want 11:1

post #4 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
I use to take part numbers with me to my stealership. Stops this kinda thing happening.
Now I just order OEM stuff from the US.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #5 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM

A few years back I started ordering by using the Honda part #, most dealers have the "fiche" on their website and you can look it up yourself. This helped me out a great deal in getting what I wanted. I try to only get stuff from my local dealers when I am in a bind and need it quick. I have seen part guys that are great and know exactly what you are talking about and I have seen ones hired that look at you like wtf and you know they have never turned a wrench in their life.

KASH 2011
post #6 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 PM

Why do you not want 11:1?

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #7 of 9 Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

I live in Canada so it would have been a bit of hassle to get the 11:1 when I don't need it or even care if I have higher compression, also I believe the 11:1 would have been more expensive. I ordered all of my OEM parts for my rebuild off bike bandit except for the piston and the pin because they had a significant delay on them. I just decided to throw in a new sprocket from my local dealer since it was convenient at the time.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 AM

I am sure we all have been through that. Me Dad taught me to be smarter than the guy you are dealing with. Part numbers ahead of time help. I have one salesperson that I buy from, that I trust, and he gives me a good discount becuase I spend a lot of money on my motorcycle there. I even go to another dealership just to get the work done right, but there parts are to expensive. Get to be friends with your salesperson. Buy him lunch. Bring him a pizza. It pays off.

2008 Black & Red TRX 700XX
- L8ton Sway Bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Side Bars
- Pro Armor Bumper, Kenda Kutter Tires, UNI Filter
post #9 of 9 Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I guess I'm lucky... my local dealer is top notch (for a dealer that is). Bought both my quads there and never had any problems with their parts or service departments.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode