why are people afraid to buy the XX - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
why are people afraid to buy the XX

first of all honda didnt sell these machines for the MSRP of 8XXX what ever and used ones are only going for 3k its like everyone thinks they suck or they are going to fall apart what is it? it makes me mad dirt wheels have had a few reviews and build but i feel their needs to be more push on it. i know they arent in product as of now but there are new ones out there, just bored cause its iced over in houston let me know what yall think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Just a bad market right now. If you can buy it's the time but most people don't have the money to buy a toy which is why the prices are lower.

This quad should have been released in 2006 and there would have been a lot more people able to buy it.
post #3 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I don't think its the market.....although the market has had an affect on all quad sales, there are others selling still, and at MSRP. I think it is because what most people wanted was for honda to come out with a big bore SRA quad, not an IRS, and all this talk of honda possibly discontinuing the XX also has an affect on sales as well. Just my .02.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq

post #4 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09RappySE View Post
I don't think its the market.....although the market has had an affect on all quad sales, there are others selling still, and at MSRP. I think it is because what most people wanted was for honda to come out with a big bore SRA quad, not an IRS, and all this talk of honda possibly discontinuing the XX also has an affect on sales as well. Just my .02.
I 100% agree. Every time someone comes up to look at my XX they say I really was thinking about getting one until I found out it has an IRS.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #5 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM

People in general arent sold yet on IRS on a sport quad. Theres alot of TRX owners that was looking forward to the 700 until they found out about the IRS. The economy didnt help either.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #6 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM

uneducated opinions is why, i let everyone ride my bike for a minute or two, everybody likes how smooth it is on the trails, it allows me to lead the pack most of the time because of the confidence i have, when other see the whoops or some potholes they grab the brake and i grab more throttle.the guys i ride with nicknamed mine "the caddillac".

and i dont eve have to talk about all of the rutted trails that they get stuck in due to small tires on a sra bike

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #7 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Im a SRA guy myself since I prefer MX and large jumps.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #8 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM

I'm surprised it was ever made to be honest - Honda seriously overconsidered the market this bike had. It's the strangest bunch of design ideas in one bike possible, I reckon - it just happen to work out really well of us! :P

It doesn't have the abilities (towing/racks/4x4) of a big bike, so guys looking for looking for quick fun ute's buy Brute Forces and Outlanders/Renegades.

A guy looking to step up from a pure sport bike can't just jump on a XX and ride it like he stole it because of the IRS, so they are still buying Raptors.

The 700xx is great at a few things - Woods and Baja... but most woods riders want smaller bikes (300/400/450s) and there aren't too many of us that have a place to Baja!

To make it worse, the idiosyncrasies of our bikes turn a lot of guys off. (11'' rims? 500lbs? IRS + chain? crazy styling?)

We may love this bike, but it can't be a money maker for Honda.

I would be very surprised if they continued production on it for much longer... sad fact but they just don't sell!

Black 700XX "Blitzkrieg"

12t Sprocket
Pro Armor Full Chassis Skid
ITP T-9 Pro Wheels
22x11x10 Swamp Lites
Big Ugly Snorkel Out Back
DIY A-Arm Guards
DIY Removable Back Rack
DIY 1750lbs Winch + Push Bar
post #9 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM

production is over,08-09 is all we got, one day they will be worth money.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #10 of 48 Old 02-04-2011, 03:02 PM

If they offered a SRA option I would buy....if it has the XR cylinder head.

Bo White
205-886-7043
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode