new purchase? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new purchase?

Im looking into buying a side by side to add to my collection.. Considering the polaris rzr? Anybody have one or any other kind? Ive never had one so give me what you got, opinions,facts,experience....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 PM

That's a tough call. I think the Polaris is probably the way to go, they've been making play-market ones for a long time. Me, I would let width control everything. Get the top of the line one you can get and still keep the 50" width. Much wider than that, and it seems like it would be a real hindrance.

Also, I would consider upgrading the seatbelts to something more like a harness. My buddy's son really tore himself apart when he came out of it and the roll cage crushed his leg. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, so I'm sure that would've worked, too. But in a rollover situation, you're far better off in a harness.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #3 of 12 Old 02-22-2011, 12:47 PM

I personally am in the process of recieving my Commander X, I have a few friends with RZRs and they like them, I have driven them and they are fun. I have yet to try my commander as I am still in Iraq, but it is waiting for me in a crate at the dealership.

The choice comes down to what you want to do and what you like. Everything I have seen the Commanders Fit and finish is nicer then Polaris, the RZR 900 xp is faster then the commanders though and has better suspension. I think you can do more with the Engine on the Polaris at this point as noone has cracked the Can Am ECU yet. Also the RZR is not as wide as the Commander from specs I saw.. although havent looked much into the 900... Either way they are both fun, once I get home and get my Commander I will let every one know what I think about it.

2008 TRX700XX
DWT Red label Wheels
Razer II tires
Fox Float Evol X Front Shocks
Fox Podium X Rears
Pro Armor Nerfs
Trail tech Bar clamps
Flexx Handle bars
Barker Exhaust
EHS Lid
EHS Programmer
Acerbis Uniko Handguards

2011 Can Am Commander 1000X

post #4 of 12 Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
I have rode in the RZR quite a bit, and a Kawi Teryx. The Teryx was more for just cruising and stuff compared to the RZR. RZR is faster and nimbler, not nearly as top heavy, and overall fun. When I just had the big 3, a rzr that was all souped up beat me in the drags by quite a bit. But I would just consider how wide you want it and stuff, and go from there. The RZR is actually the only thing I would buy from Polaris, but then again that is me. Plus they have the 4 seater now, so if you got 3 gfs, you are all set

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 12 Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM

I took my bosses rzr out. If I get anything, it will be the rzr 900. I have drove the rzr, a ranger xp, kubota rtv, teryx, rhino and nothing came close to the rzr. Now if you want to use it for a lot more work than play, I would look elsewhere. On a side note, the rzr fit in the bed of my shortbed dakota 2wd. As did the rhino. That wasthe only 2 I had in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #6 of 12 Old 02-23-2011, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the help guys! I got a few months to decide so Im gonna have to do some more homework. For the price of these things im considering just buying another 700xx!
post #7 of 12 Old 02-23-2011, 08:38 AM

I own a RZR. I got the 50' LE for the ATV trails we ride around here. It has been flawless, so have my other PoPo's too. The RZR is really the only model out there that is pure sport. It'll still haul a trailer and 500lbs in the bed, that's all I need. My buddy has a RSR S, and it is one hell of a rock crawler, and faster than my RZR by a tad. They are fun to jump too. Now the RZR XP is the way to go, but pricy.

Mav
post #8 of 12 Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 AM

Here is my beer hauler-mud machine.

The best in the business
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
post #9 of 12 Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

how fast does your rhino go with the bigger tires on it?
post #10 of 12 Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM

It has 26" mudbugs radials on it and a couple other mods
Gps @ 56 mph but was built for the trails.

The best in the business

High Desert Dyno/Cuervo Racing

Bo White 205-886-7043
Ed @

Chris & Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode