what kind of streetbike - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what kind of streetbike

I'm looking to buy a streetbike here soon. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy a used one since its goin to be my first one. Any opinions on what brand and size I should get?

08 700xx black & silver
-barkers exhaust
-alba programmer
-uni filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
It all depends on what you want. Do you want speed? Do you want comfort? Do you want something you can take you and the hunnie on for a few days? My suggestion considering you already have a quad and know how to drive something with a clutch, is to not go small at all. I guide a lot of people into getting a Honda rebel, Buell Blast, or a Ninja 250 for their first bike. But that is for people that haven't rode anything before, and usually for girls. If I had a little more info on what you are looking for, I could help guide you better. I have had bikes for 10 years now, and have rode numerous ones. I am pretty partial to Honda, but a lot of brands out there are decent. No matter what, I would stay away from Harley, unless you like lots of maintenance and some of the uncomfy rides for a cruiser. Also, what are you looking to spend, and how is your driving record and age? As a sport bike is fun, but can be pricey w/ insurance if you have lots of tickets or very young.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #3 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

i was thinking like a cbr, gsxr, r, or a ninja. my friend told me if i got a 600 then after a couple rides i'd be looking for more speed and power so ive got that in the back of my mind. but im 18 and dont have anything on my record so it shouldnt be high, besides that, im thinkin about puttin it in my dads name because he said the insurance on his harley is only 35 a month. but as far as price wise i was thinking around 6 or 7 tops. ive been looking around on craigslist and found a couple for around 5

08 700xx black & silver
-barkers exhaust
-alba programmer
-uni filter

post #4 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 02:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
They are all basically the same. I wouldn't go over 600 for a sport bike. You can only go so fast. The difference in speed btwn a 600 and a 1000 is 30mph on the top end, so either 165 or 195, but ideally, you'd never want to hit those more than once. Secondly, the acceleration difference between the two sizes isn't all that huge. Just a heads up on that. I have had both, all CBR's. The big difference w/ the two is one you can easily do wheelies on, and the other takes more finesse. But with the 600 (which is harder to pull up) you can change out the rear sprocket to a bigger one, lose 10 to 20 top end, but would get up to speed quicker and also wheelie easier. All of which I don't do as that's why I have dirt toys (pavement hurts a lot less than dirt). I'd suggest try to get '08 or newer, and the CBR's are nice b/c they have the fully electronic adjustable steering stabilizer which is quite phenemonal.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #5 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

well thanks for the advice. i heard that if you go over 999cc's the insurance doubles anyways so that was another factor i was thinking of.

08 700xx black & silver
-barkers exhaust
-alba programmer
-uni filter
post #6 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 PM

A gsxr 750 is a good option. I have had r6,cbr1000,gsxr 600/750/1000 and the gsxr 750 has been my favorite sport bike. I'm a small guy so the 1000's were a little heavy for me to throw around and the 600's didn't have the pickup I wanted.

HDD BUILT...EVERYONE ELSE IS RACING FOR SECOND
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 Black/Red XX - Sparks big core exhaust, FCI custom intake with K&N, Webb 290 cam, White Knuckle 727cc big bore, CP 13:1 piston, Cuervo Racing +2 head, 48mm Lectron carb, MSD ignition, MSD coil 68HP/53TQ FOR SALE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(DL700)
Jody (Boost Addict)
post #7 of 12 Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 PM

You will never need more power than what a 600RR has. The big bore bikes are a little more cumbersome in daily driving. Plus they cost more. I would recommend getting something like a ninja 650r or any twin cylinder 650 sport bike. The race bikes are really just that. Race bikes with lights. My first bike was a Honda 600f4i. I bought it brand new and I'll be honest. At 110 hp it was waaaay more than what I needed. I never wrecked it and took really good care of it. It was a great bike. You can manage to learn on a race bike but it's really not the best way to learn. If you go that route. Just be careful and don't ride beyond your limits.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-24-2011, 03:17 PM

There is a world of difference between a 600 and a 1000. Not to say the 1000 is better, or the 600. I personally do not like 600's, highly recomend a 600 to anyone else. The 600's are light, nimble and fun to flick around on twisty roads. The 1000's feel bigger and bulkier, and accelerate like crazy. Kind of like comparing the 450r quads to the 700's. The 450r's are light and nimble, the 700's are bulkier, but pull harder. There are lots of ppl that have owned the bigger bikes, and preffer the 600's. As for top speed, any 600 or bigger sportbike will go way faster than anyone should go. If you know someone that will let you test ride one, it can help a lot with choosing. If not, go with a 600.
As for brand, personal choice, but the more poular a particular model is, the more aftermarket support there will be, and the easier it will be to get replacement parts if needed. (cbr600, zx-6r, r6, gsxr600)
post #9 of 12 Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to NineLivez2Go
I personally own a cbr1000rr and love the bike. I did not start with this bike though, I worked my way up from a suzuki GS500E than to a cbr600F2 followed by a cbr600rr and lastly my cbr1000rr.

Experience plays a lot when you are talking about sportbikes. Start small until you feel comfortable and work your way up. They hold there value so unless you drop the bike you should be able to ride it for a year or two and sell it for what you paid or close, than upgrade.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-24-2011, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
What do you guys think of the Triumph TT600's? I too am new to bikes, but am pretty tall.

I'm thinking about this:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode