700xx vs Rincon - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
700xx vs Rincon

as the title states, these are the two quads I am torn between. I have a 450r for the track and I am looking for a trail bike with good ground clearance and it has to be a Honda. I know I am biased, but I don't think anyone on this board is going to hold that against me;) So, I like the rincon for the 4x4 obviously, and the mud/splash protection. I like the 700xx because it is faster, (right??) on tight trails and handles better because it is lighter. Is the IRS on the 700 comfy if you are putting along in first gear? I ride fairly fast, but want to be able to ride slower on the occasion that I am riding with the wife. I think I can get away with 2wd on the trails, bc I do not ride deep mud and I like the price of a used 700 over the rincon as well. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I would go with a 700xx and a 13 tooth sprocket if you're mainly using it for trails. (and yes it's very nice for putting around) If you plan to take to tow anything for an extended period of time I would go with the Rincon. Mud and splash is horrible though for the 700xx.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have both and love both. If I had a 450R and was looking to pick up only one of the two, I would probably go with the Rincon. I am still waiting for the 800cc Rincon with diff lock..............could be waiting a while. Like Scuzz said, splash protection is non-existent on the XX. Slow speed ride on both is really good. The Rincon will corner better than the stock XX in slow tight trails, but you can fix that. I would recommend trying both of them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011

post #4 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 PM

I used to own an 06 Can Am Outlander (Traded for my 700) which I assume would be somewhat similar to a Rincon. If not my experiences won't be much use

For trail comparisons
Comfort: Definitely a smoother ride on the 700. The suspension is a 'sportyish' suspension and its lighter so the ride just was overall better. The outlander felt like a bulldozer
Speed: I don't know if I go any faster on the trail or not, but probably. Since its lighter its easier to control in some ways. The bike itself is faster obviously, but trails are not open sand/desert so you don't make a ton of use of the horsepower. It really feels more 'fun' to ride, but maybe thats just me.
Mud: I got muddy with either quad, I don't think either made a difference. On my 700 I took off the front fender and a few other things and still don't notice hardly any difference.
Terrain: In terms of 'Can I make it?', the 4wd has one major advantage that I've noticed. If you ride during the winter around where I live, the trails become really rocky. When its rocky and you are trying to 'climb' up a steep hilly trail with a really slippery rocky surface, the 2wd kind of sucks. Otherwise I have not ever had a problem getting around (in some nasty stuff too)

Two other advantages I have to give to the 700 as well. The plastic is ALOT cheaper (compared to the outlander, not sure on the Rincon) Like, 1 grand cheaper for a set. And plastics easy to break, especially if you flip a 700 pound utility quad. Also while its still heavy for a sports quad, compared to a utility its pretty light. If you get in a bad spot you can still yank it out (really helps if you have a buddy).

I don't know if Georgia has any sand dunes or desert (I'm guessing no) but the sports quad is pretty fun for that if you ever get the opportunity

Thats about all, just my opinions so take from them what you will. Whatever you get, ride red and enjoy!

08' TRX700xx - Red n' Black
Big Gun EVO r Exhaust
Uni Filter, L8ton Racing 9/16" Sway Bar
DG V-Lite Bumper. Trimmed Fenders
22" Kenda Kutters all around (dirt)

00' CR250rintintin
FMF Gnarly / Turbine Core 2 Exhaust
post #5 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM

imo i would go with the rincon because u all ready have a sport quad. The xx is a good all around quad but for trail riding 4wd is always a plus

honda 700xx 250ex cr 250 ride red or dont ride at all
post #6 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
id go with the rincon u already have a sport. the rincon isnt even close to how fast the xx is. rincon about 65mph top speed.. 700xx 80mph top speed with 13t. in a drag the xx will be doing 60 while the rincon is getting to 30.

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
post #7 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
I would go with a 700xx and a 13 tooth sprocket if you're mainly using it for trails. (and yes it's very nice for putting around) If you plan to take to tow anything for an extended period of time I would go with the Rincon. Mud and splash is horrible though for the 700xx.

I think I can handle the mud....I know that is a sacrifice. Good to hear that it is geared low enough with the 13t for slow speeds.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEHonda View Post
I have both and love both. If I had a 450R and was looking to pick up only one of the two, I would probably go with the Rincon. I am still waiting for the 800cc Rincon with diff lock..............could be waiting a while. Like Scuzz said, splash protection is non-existent on the XX. Slow speed ride on both is really good. The Rincon will corner better than the stock XX in slow tight trails, but you can fix that. I would recommend trying both of them out.

well the rincon is much more, I have the cash, but the trails we ride in ga are tight and have ruts so the 700xx is appealing if I don't need 4wd! I have ridden a lot of them with a buds wolverine 450 and I only used 4wd once the whole day.........I really need to sit on both and find a place that will let me test drive them in the parking lot...
post #9 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700xxmaniac View Post
id go with the rincon u already have a sport. the rincon isnt even close to how fast the xx is. rincon about 65mph top speed.. 700xx 80mph top speed with 13t. in a drag the xx will be doing 60 while the rincon is getting to 30.
that's what I am afraid of If I choose the Rincon, I ride with a couple guys that have 250 two stroke dirt bikes too....I think I can easily keep up on a 700xx. Rincon.....I dunoo any experience with riding a Rincon fast on tight trial? Never get above 45mp really...
post #10 of 18 Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to 700xxmaniac
well if u get the xx u should get good tires (if u do only trail id get raza 2 with new itp rims) (can easly sell stock tires n rims on this site) and a 13t, and if u want a l8ton sway bar.
if the dikes u ride with are geared low for trails then u should beat em on the top end.

08 TRX700XX
-uni
-primary drive 13t
-pclll
-soon to have a cp 11:1

99 ford f-250 ccsb 7.3

-skyjacker 6'' lift
- 315-75r16 pro comp xtarrain
-sct 100hp tune
-straight pipe with 4'' dp
-dana 60 swap with mile marker hubs

06 pos hyundia tuscon
-dont buy one there junk

live to ride and ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode